Facebook has become an essential social networking app for people who want to stay in touch with their families and friends based in different locations. No matter how far your friends are, you could easily connect with them. All you need to do is sign up for the Facebook account, and you can talk to your loved ones and have some fun conversations with them anytime you want.
Most of us like to communicate with someone through Facebook Messenger. Not only for the regular conversations, but Facebook has become the user’s favorite for all types of formal and informal communications these days.
The messages you share on the platform can be super important, and some messages are so crucial that you can’t afford to lose or delete them no matter what.
However, thousands of users delete Facebook Messenger Messages from both sides accidentally, and it’s pretty common nowadays. The good news is you can quickly recover deleted messages on Facebook, but the process is a little complex.
It could be super challenging to recover the deleted Facebook messages. However, the advanced data recovery solution provided by Facebook is designed to help streamline the task.
If you are looking for the messages you have had with your friends, and you deleted them, then you have come to the right place.
Here you can find a complete guide on how to recover deleted Facebook messages on your Android and iPhone devices.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
If you have deleted messages accidentally from Facebook, you need to know that there are many ways to recover those messages. The best part is Facebook does come with a Data Download feature that allows you to recover deleted messages in simple ways.
Here’s how you can:
- Open Facebook and log in to your account.
- Tap on the downside arrow and select Settings & Privacy.
- Next, select the Settings.
- Click on “Your Facebook Information” tab from the left panel.
- Click on the “Download your information” OR open the Download Information page.
- You will be redirected to the “Download Your Information” page, from where you can download your account data. It includes every activity and data including posts, photos, videos, stories, and messages you’ve done on your Account since the time you’ve joined Facebook.
- Select the “Messages” option, or you can also select other options.
- You can also choose the date range, file format, and media quality of your data.
- After you select appropriate options, tap on the Create File.
- A small pop-up message will appear, stating a copy of your information is being created, and you’ll be notified when your copy is complete.
- After 1-2 hours, your data will be available for download, depending on the size of the data.
- You will also receive a notification and mail on your registered email id.
- Tap on the “Available copies” tab and click on download.
- For your security reasons, enter your password to continue.
- That’s it, data will automatically start download in a zip file.
Now you have a .zip file containing your deleted Facebook messages. But you might be wondering how you can see deleted messages from this file?
Don’t worry, i’ll help you.
How to View & Restore Deleted Facebook Messages
- First, extract Facebook data .zip file using WinZip.
- Once file is extracted, you will get a new folder named messages.
- Go to that folder and open the your_messages.html file.
- Next, you can see deleted Facebook messages you have made from day one.
- Keep in mind that this data is not available online. You can only see and download it.
Alternative Way to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
1. Archive Messages Feature
It’s better to take preventive measures to save your Facebook messages before accidentally got deleted. It will save you time and effort in recovering the deleted messages.
Archiving the messages is a wonderful way to prevent all kinds of future mishaps. Now, you can do it via the Facebook Messenger app or website, and the process is quite simple.
Here’s how you can archive Facebook messages.
- Open Messenger and login to your account.
- Find and long press on the conversation you want to archive.
- Tap on the Archive from the given option.
- There you go! The conversation archived successfully.
You can unarchive the conversation anytime you want. As soon as the messages are archived, you don’t have to worry about the messages getting deleted from your phone. They will remain in the archive section.
For example, if you have accidentally archived an entire conversation, you can easily find and recover that conversation back anytime you want.
Here’s how you can find and recover archived Facebook messages.
- Open Messenger tap on your profile icon.
- Click on the Archived Chats option.
- Long press the conversation you want to unarchive.
- Next, select Unarchive to restore messages.
2. Facebook Messages Recovery by iStaunch
To recover your deleted Facebook messages, open the Facebook messages recovery by iStaunch. Enter your Facebook username and tap on the recover messages button. it will automatically recover your deleted messages to your Facebook account.
3. Off The Internet Feature
The best part about Facebook Messenger for Android is that the app has an intelligent feature called “off the internet”. As the name suggests, it provides users with an option to get the deleted messages recovered using the internal memory.
Open the File Manager app and head to the Android section. Go to the “com.facebook.orca” > “fb_temp” > Cache folder, where you can locate the deleted Facebook messages. To restore these messages quickly, you can connect your Android phone to the desktop through a USB cable.
I hope guys, now you can quickly recover deleted Facebook messages after reading this article. Let me know which method you used to recover Facebook messages in the comment section below.