Do you want to recover old deleted Facebook Posts? If yes, you should be glad to know that there are several ways to do this. Of course, it can seem at first to be an incredibly daunting task to go through thousands of posts to find a specific post, but it can be done.
There are honestly several reasons why people delete posts from Facebook. It can be a simple careless mistake to have deleted a post. Similarly, people delete a particularly memorable post out of anger or in a fit of rage because of some personal squabble with a near one.
Most people might want to rectify the error and re-upload the content. However, re-upload is not possible for everyone then the only option left would be to recover the deleted post.
Also, children can inadvertently delete a vital post that might have been put out for professional reasons. Again, the only option left here would be to recover the post if a new upload is impossible.
Sometimes, children may often upload or share sensitive or unverified posts on crucial topics without being careful and delete them. Therefore, parents need to be aware of what their children are sharing on social media to discipline them properly. Hence, parents may wish to check what their wards had deleted from their Facebook profiles.
In this guide, you will learn about crucial strategies that can help you recover deleted Facebook posts.
Of course, you should know that deleting a post from Facebook will remove it from your devices, app feed, and servers, but there are still some areas where the digital footprints remain embedded.
If you want to recover deleted Facebook posts, then you will love this guide.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started!
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
Recently Facebook introduces a Manage Activity Feature that lets you delete the posts you no longer want, and it will be moved to the trash. The deleted posts stay in the trash folder for 30 days, during this time frame, you can manually restore them before its deleted permanently.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone device and log in to your account.
- Tap on the three lines icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, scroll down to the last and select Settings & Privacy option.
- Few more options will apper, select Settings from the list.
- You will be redirected to the Settings page. Here scroll down to the Your Facebook Information section and click on Activity Log to view and manage your information.
- Here you will see your activity of all time, such as likes, comments, posts, etc. Tap on the Trash option at the top of the screen beside Archive.
- That’s it, next you will find the all posts deleted in the last 30 days.
- Select the posts you want to recover and tap on the Restore button available at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Restore button again for the confirmation, and you will see the post back on your timeline again.
If you are switching your phones and are moving to a new device, then all your Facebook posts, media, messages get automatically transferred and be available to you after you download the app on your new device and then log in.
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Posts
In case the 30 day period has passed and you can no longer recover the deleted posts through Facebook, then you may use some other methods which can work around the issue.
1. Recover Deleted Facebook Post from Backup
- Open Facebook and tap on three lines icon at the top.
- Scroll down and click on the Settings & Privacy from the list options.
- After that tap on the Settings and you will be redirected to your account’s settings page.
- Click on the Download Your Information inside the Your Facebook Information section. This will enable you to download your profile data from Facebook.
- In the “Download Your Information” page, select the types of data you wish to create a backup copy for. Next, click on Create File button at the bottom of the page and this will create a copy of the selected data.
- If you want to create an archive, then click on ‘Request my download’. After an archive is created, you will be notified via email with a link. Follow the link that you receive to access the history of your account.
- From the downloaded data, you can easily find the deleted posts and any other data that you want to recover.
What’s more, is that in the ‘Available Copies’ tab, all your previously created backups are stored. Therefore, you can easily recover all the information you have downloaded.
2. Check Your Email
In case you have enabled the email notification for specific Facebook posts, then you might get a copy of the posts that you were looking for in your mail inbox. In case you can remember the exact text in the post, then you can try to do a search in your inbox. Or else just search with “Facebook” and go through all the emails.
At times, it is possible that some friends from your Facebook profile might have had email notifications enabled and they may have had received email notifications that refer to your post. This is especially true when they are tagged in the post. So you can request your friends to search their inbox to see if they can find what you are looking for.
I hope guys now you can easily recover deleted Facebook posts after reading this article. If you have any questions then feel free to comment below.