Most major social media platforms, such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Snapchat, and Instagram, have a DM (Direct Message) feature. It enables users to chat with their friends, send them pictures and videos, links for funny videos, and video/audio call them. In today’s blog, we are going to be focusing on the Direct Messaging feature on Facebook’s Messenger.
All of us have wanted to unread a message that we accidentally opened at least once in our lives. It’s completely understandable; seeing a message and not responding to it can often come across as rude and uncaring. To save themselves from such situations, most users try not to open their chats with unread messages at all.
However, today, we will be talking about those unread messages. Read on to find out the answer to your question: how to mark a message as unread on Messenger and other related queries.
Is it Possible to Mark Messages as Unread on Messenger
Firstly, let us consider if it is even possible to mark seen messages as unread on Messenger. The answer to that one is no. Here, we are assuming that you want to mark messages that you have already seen as unread, for the sender which cannot be done.
However, if you’re wondering whether you can mark seen messages as unread for yourself, then that’s something we can help you with. In the next section, we’ll discuss all about it.
How to Mark Messages as Unread on Messenger for Yourself
Let us start with our initial question, how can you mark a message as unread on Messenger?
There is a simple way for you to mark a message as unread after seeing it on Messenger. Most users use it as a sorting tool.
It can be applied on both the Facebook Messenger mobile app and its web version. However, this method will only work for the whole chat and not just one message.
Mark Messages as Unread in Facebook Messenger App
- Open the Messenger app and login to your account.
- Once your chat screen appears, from the lists of your conversations, long-press on the one that you want to mark as unread for yourself.
- Once you do so, list of actionable options will appear, select the Mark as unread.
- There you go, now you can sort through your messages easily.
Mark Messages as Unread in Facebook Messenger Website
Now, let’s move on to how you can mark a message as unread for yourself in the web version of Facebook Messenger.
- Log in to your Facebook account from your web browser if you haven’t already.
- Click on the Messenger located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- It will open a list of all your conversations, from which you have to the one you wish to mark as unread.
- Here, next to the sender’s name, there will be a Gear/Settings icon. Click on it.
- Now, all you need to do is to click on Mark as unread.
So, there you have it.