For Messenger users, Facebook has rolled out the delete for everyone feature. This option is currently available for users of both iOS and Android. The feature, which was previously reported to be in the works, is now officially available to users in Bolivia, Poland, Lithuania, India, and Asian countries. The unsend message feature has a time limit of 10 minutes.
Don’t be alarmed if you regret sending someone a message via Facebook Messenger. You still have time to do something about it. Perhaps you delivered the message to the wrong person. Or perhaps you realized you were being too harsh on that person. Perhaps you are concerned that the person will forward your message to one of their contacts. You can fix everything if you act quickly.
Sometimes the information shared on Facebook is so private that you don’t want anyone else to know even a little bit of it. For example, you may find yourself sharing juicy gossip with your girlfriend.
In this case, you don’t want any of this conversation to be leaked. The only way to ensure security is to delete the entire conversation yourself rather than relying on the other party to do so.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to delete messages on messenger from both sides permanently.
How to Delete Facebook Messenger Messages from Both Sides
- Launch the Messenger app and log in to your account.
- Open the chat and find the message that you want to delete from both sides.
- Now tap and hold the message for three seconds.
- It will open a new pop-up screen with different options, tap on Remove.
- “Who do you want to remove this message for?” Select the Unsend option.
- That’s it, the message was permanently deleted from both sides on Facebook Messenger, but keep in mind that they may still be included if the conversation is reported.
- You should also see a confirmation message that says, “You unsent a message”.
The recipient, on the other hand, will receive a note informing them that you deleted that message. Unfortunately, there isn’t any way to conceal that note. If you remove a message from your inbox, the recipient will know you did that.