Twitter is a popular microblogging platform used by 100 million daily active users worldwide. Along with ordinary people, Twitter has been used by famous personalities, world leaders, and politicians. Additionally, PR teams and companies use this platform to increase brand awareness.
It allows you to post 140-character mass text known as “tweets” that can be seen by your followers or everyone you know. A tweet can contain links to other articles, photos, poll GIFs, or videos. When you follow someone on Twitter, you can see their tweets and updates on your feed.
If you are using Twitter, you already know the basic features of this social media platform. However, there are a few features that are not well-known to the majority number of users.
For example, people do not know how to check a user’s location from his or her tweets. The geolocation feature of Twitter is there so that users can add their location while tweeting something. However, users can disable this feature too.
If the user is signed up for the geo-location service, you can view their location through tweets. It is an easy way to track the person’s location when geo-location is turned on with the tweets.
But how can you track location of Twitter account that have turned off their geo-location settings?
Well, you can use Twitter Location Tracker by iStaunch to track the location of someone’s Twitter account on Google Maps.
In fact, here you can also find alternative ways to track Twitter account location for free.
1. Twitter Location Tracker by iStaunch
To track Twitter account location, open the Twitter Location Tracker by iStaunch. Enter the username in the given box and tap on the Track Twitter Account. That’s it, next you will see the live location of Twitter account on Google Maps.
How to Track Twitter Account Location
1. Twitter IP Address Finder by iStaunch
- Open Twitter IP Address Finder by iStaunch on your Android or iPhone device.
- Enter the Twitter username in the given box.
- Solve the captcha code and tap on the Find IP Address button.
- That’s it, next you will find the IP address of Twitter account.
- Submit IP Address in IP Address Tracker to track Twitter account location.
2. Twitter GeoLocation Feature
- Open Twitter and log in to your account.
- Head over to the Twitter profile whose location you want to track.
- View the tweets of the user as you scroll down and select any tweet for finding the geolocation.
- If the user’s geolocation is enabled, a tweet will show the location.
- More specifically, right next to the date and time, you can find the user’s account location.
3. Track Location Using IP Logger
- Open Twitter and log in to your account.
- Find a profile whose location you want to track. Copy their Twitter profile link.
- Go to Grabify IP Logger to generate a tracking link.
- Paste the profile link and click on create URL.
- Next, copy the new IP Tracking link.
- Initiate a conversation with the user and send the link.
- You can also ask them to open it for exciting content.
- Once they click on the link, the Logger website will track their IP address.
4. Command Prompt
Do you use Twitter on your computer or laptop or access it via the official mobile app? The question is important since now we will tell you how windows users can get someone’s IP address. So, if you can switch to windows, you should certainly follow this method.
Command prompt is a built-in feature on Windows that people use to execute commands for their system. Many of us use it, while some have heard of it. This feature is going to help you pull out someone’s IP address from Twitter, and you should know how.
Close any running applications before having short conversations with the targeted Telegram person through call or chat. Remember that being on call is better than chatting with them. These are the requirements for you in order to use this method effectively.
Here’s how you can:
- Enter the Win + R button together to open the command prompt window.
- You should type in cmd in the run pop-up window and select ok.
- Type netstat –an command in the command prompt page and execute it.
The IP address from your target user will show up, assuming that you are already on a call or chatting with that person.