Find Twitter Account by Phone Number: Making new contacts on social media is an excellent way to connect with more people and enhance your social presence. Twitter is one such very powerful yet mini-blogging social networking platform that allows users to connect with new people, friends, family, and coworkers through the exchange of short tweets and quick messages.
Twitter leads to changing human ideas by retweeting short information, news, and ideas with each other on the platform. It is being operated by the biggest tycoon to a small teenager. The biggest life events that happen around the world happen here. It made a commitment to people who are equal to your age criteria.
One of the easiest ways to find people on Twitter is by their names. All you have to do is type their usernames in the search bar, and you will get a list of all accounts using the particular username.
But what if your target user has created an account with a username that isn’t really what you predicted?
Or what if they have an account with a unique name that’s hard to guess?
It could make it really difficult for you to find someone by username, especially for those who do not know the full name of the person.
But don’t worry anymore.
Recently Twitter introduced the “Discoverability and Contacts” feature that allows users to find people using phone numbers that most users are not aware of.
You can use the target’s phone number to locate their Twitter account.
Although it’s a little more complex than searching a Twitter user by their name, iStaunch has explained the process in detail to make it easier for you.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to find Twitter account by phone number.
How to Find Someone on Twitter by Phone Number (Search Twitter by Phone Number)
- Open Twitter on your phone and log in to your account.
- After you log in, tap on Profile Icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings and Privacy option.
- Click on Privacy and Safety (Manage what information you see and share on Twitter) as shown in the below image.
- Next, select Discoverability and Contacts (Control your discoverability settings and manage contacts you’ve imported).
- Enable the Sync address book contacts toggle button and it will upload contacts from your phone address book to Twitter on an ongoing basis.
- Keep in mind that turning off the syncing will not remove previously uploaded contacts. It only stops uploading new contacts.
- After you enable the Sync address book contacts, open your Twitter account from Chrome.
- Go to the Discoverability and contacts page.
- Scroll down and tap on the Manage Contacts option.
- Confirm your password by entering your account password in the given box and tap on Confirm.
- That’s it, next you will see a list of contacts on your phone that are registered on Twitter.
It is important to note that this method works only for people who have enabled “find us using our mobile number” for Twitter. You might not be able to locate a user who hasn’t enabled this option.
Twitter has partnered with Truecaller which allows people to connect with each other through the Truecaller number. However, for this to work, you must sync your Twitter account with the Truecaller app. It is a really good option for those looking for a fast communication option.