Recover Deleted Tweets: Typing and finally posting a long tweet and accidentally deleting it can be a real pain. And it can happen to and does happen to the best of us.
We have all found ourselves in such situations where we accidentally deleted our own tweets only to later curse at the screen and ourselves too. But what do you do if you do accidentally delete your tweet?
Sure, you can always rewrite it but what happens if you don’t exactly remember the text or if it is an old tweet that you had deleted some time ago and now need to view? Or if it is an urgent tweet and you don’t have any time to retype it?
Twitter does come with a feature to view your deleted data like tweets, photos and videos in the form of archives where you can request a download of your deleted tweets.
Let’s look at how you can recover your deleted tweets and photos on Twitter.
How to Recover Deleted Tweets
Twitter’s latest feature allows you to view and recover your deleted tweets in the form of archives. Whenever you choose to delete some data, it saves a cache in its archives.
To recover your deleted tweets, you need to request your Twitter data archive from your account settings page. Next, open the index.html file to view and recover your deleted tweets.
Let’s see it in more details:
- First login to your Twitter account.
- Tap on the More option on the left side of the screen.
- Next, select the Settings and Privacy option.
- Click on “Download an archive of your data”, it contains deleted tweets.
- To access your data, confirm your password.
- Select the “Request archive” option to prepare an archive for you.
- In the next 24 hours, you will receive mail with your data download link. Sometimes it may take 2-3 days depends on the number of tweets.
- Click the Download link in your email and it will take you to the Settings and Privacy page again.
- That’s it, tap on the Download archive button to save it on your computer in a .zip file.
Now you have a .zip file containing your deleted tweets. But you might be wondering how to see deleted tweets from this file?
Don’t worry, i’ll help you.
How to View & Restore Deleted Tweets
- First, extract that Twitter data .zip file using WinZip or 7Zip.
- After the file will be extracted, you will get a new folder.
- Go to that folder and open the Your archive.html file in your browser.
- That’s it, next you can see your all current and deleted tweets which you have made from day one.
- Keep in mind, that this is not online, you can see and download them.
Method 2: Take a backup
No matter what method you use to retrieve your deleted data, it is always tedious and time-consuming. So, to be on the safe side, it is always good to create a backup. You can copy-paste the tweet text and the pictures and save them in a backup folder on your device.
This clean practice will ensure that you never lose your tweets even if you accidentally end up deleting them from your Twitter feed. You can always refer to this backup to recover your data.
Handling your Twitter account can be a really tough and tiresome job but with these easy tricks and tips to backup and recover your deleted data, it certainly does become a bit of an easy ride. We hope this was helpful and the next time you find yourself in a Twitter emergency these tips may come in handy.