Unspam Messages in Messenger: Your Facebook business account leaves a first impression on your audience. It is the first thing people check when researching your brand. That’s why it is important to keep your timeline spam-free. The platform values the safety and privacy of its user, which is why it allows you to mark certain messages as spam.
If you ever come across a harassing message that’s bothering you, you have the option to mark it as spam.
But, there are times when you mark messages as spam on Messenger accidentally.
Well, no need to worry!
It is absolutely possible to recover message you have marked as spam on Facebook Messenger.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to recover spam messages on Messenger.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Spam Messages on Facebook Messenger (Unspam in Messenger)
Any message that you have marked as spam will be added to the spam folder. And, it is often easy to locate the conversation in the spam folder and unspam the chat. However, it may not work for everyone. There are cases when people mark certain conversations as spam, which is later deleted by Facebook.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Select “Messages” and then “See all messages”.
- Here, you will see a “View spam messages” option.
- Select that option to view and recover spam messages
- Select the conversation you’d like to unspam and there you go!
It is important to note that only conversations that are not deleted by the platform can be found in the spam folder. You must use the mobile version for this method, as the current desktop version no longer supports the spam folder.
Here’s how you can get access to the spam messages on Facebook:
- Sign in to your Facebook account on your Android or iPhone device.
- Go to your inbox and locate “other” that’s available on the left corner of the screen.
- Select the Spam button and all the messages you have marked as spam will appear in this folder.
- Right next to the Actions button, you will find a down-facing arrow that will lead you to a drop-down menu.
- Select “not spam” and it will appear in your inbox.
- Go back to your inbox and open the conversation with the user you had shared these messages with.
There you go! You will find these messages in the original conversation tab. Note that this trick works only for the spam messages, and not the ones you have deleted from your Facebook account. If you have deleted the messages, there is no way you can recover them.