Snapchat, unlike other social media platforms, does not make it clear when someone unfriends or blocks you. You won’t get a notification if this happens, and you won’t be able to inquire about it with the Snapchat team. (You can inquire, but they won’t tell you.) To make matters even more complicated, you can still send messages to people who don’t follow you on Snapchat.
You’ll only be unable to send messages to someone if they have blocked you. There are various different techniques you may use to find out if someone has unfollowed or blocked you if you have some time and energy and can use some of that in inventiveness.
You can find out if someone unfriends you on Snapchat using one of two approaches. We’ll go over both of these in detail below.
How to Know If Someone Unfriends You on Snapchat
1. Observe Your Follower’s List
You can detect if someone has unfollowed you by keeping an eye on your follower’s list and checking to see if anyone has vanished.
Let’s imagine you were aware that a specific person was following you at one point. They should be on your friend’s list if you’re following them as well. To double-check, perform the following:
- Swipe from the camera screen to the screen of your pals.
- Type the name of the user you’re looking for into the search bar.
- Wait for their name to appear on the screen.
- You’ll see their name, Snapchat username, and snap score when it happens.
- Only the snap scores of people you follow who follow you back are visible.
- If the score is present, you have not been unfollowed. If it isn’t, it appears that they have pressed the fatal “Remove Friend” button.
2. Check Message Status
The status of the photographs you send is also a method to know whether someone has left you high and dry. It will go nowhere if they don’t follow you and you send them a snap message. Here’s how you can determine it:
- Tap the conversation bubble icon in the bottom left corner of the home screen.
- Double-tap the username you’d like to try out.
- Tap the circle icon to take a photo.
- Tap the send arrow button to send the message.
- On the Chat screen, look for the snap status beneath the person’s username. If it says “Pending…” but never shows delivered, or if the arrow next to their username is grey, it’s possible they’ve removed you from their friend list.
What If I Don’t Follow Them?
You won’t see the person’s snap score if you don’t follow them, so that little trick won’t work. Aside from that, there isn’t a decent method to know if someone is following you.
Another option is to examine the number of people who have seen your stories.
- Include a photograph in your story.
- When you click the Bitmoji, a preview of your narrative will appear.
- To see the image in the list, tap it.
- Swipe up to the lower left-hand corner and tap the eye icon.
The names of everyone who viewed the photo are visible. Tap the eye icon to get a list of people who have seen your story. Granted, not everyone who follows you will read everything you send, but if someone is noticeably absent, it’s a hint they’ve said their goodbyes.
Because your Snapchat list is private, no one can see if you deleted a buddy or if a friend deleted you. There’s no easy method to find out whether someone has erased you, and there’s no easy way to get a list. However, you may personally check it out by looking folks up. Hope the above-mentioned method may have helped you to know if someone has unfriended you on Snapchat.