Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories: Snapchat is a multimedia instant messaging app that lets you share photos, videos, and stories with your friends and followers. It provides a dynamic interface to share photos and videos as snaps instantaneously and easily save them to your memories. These memories can be also viewed, edited, sent to your followers, download to your device, or reposted on your story.
The memories you send on Snapchat will disappear after a certain amount of time and they become inaccessible to the recipients. Also, the recipient won’t be able to open and check it more than once, as Snapchat memories disappear once seen.
You can achieve this by enabling self-destructing feature where you need to set the disappear time and once it times out, the sent items will be deleted automatically. However, there is a trick to reopen snaps on Snapchat.
This feature provides Snapchat a massive advantage in terms of privacy over its counterparts, and it is one of the main reasons why Snapchat has been so popular with the millennials and Gen Z.
As every photo and video is now a snap and saved as memories, it makes easy to forward in a jiff file. But at the same time, it also leads the users to end up deleting their memories.
A Snapchat memory can be lost if you accidentally delete it or if your phone gets factory reset. It can also be deleted if the storage location that it was stored in got wiped out during a cleanup.
Now the question is “how to get Snapchat memories back that you deleted” or “can you recover deleted Snapchat memories”.
If you have happened to delete some of your precious memories on Snapchat accidentally, then don’t worry anymore.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone and Android devices.
In fact, These are the same strategies you can use to recover deleted Snapchat messages for free.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone and Android
- Go to the Snapchat My Data page on your Android or iPhone devices.
- It will ask you to log in to your account. Enter your username/email address and password, and tap on the login button.
- You will be redirected to the My Data page where you need to request Snapchat to download your account data.
- Scroll down to the last and tap on the yellow-colored Submit Request button.
- That’s it, your request has been submitted and they will start preparing a copy of your account data. You will receive an email once the data is ready to download.
- It may take up to 24 hours to receive an email from Snapchat. After you receive it, open and tap on the download link to access the data you requested.
- You will be again redirected to the My Data page, scroll down and tap on the mydata~1646353533.zip to save it as .zip file on your device.
Now you can follow the below steps to view and restore deleted memories to your Snapchat account.
How to Restore Deleted Snapchat Memories
- Find the downloaded mydata.zip file on your device and extract it.
- You will get a new folder, once the file is extracted.
- Open the new folder and tap on index.html.
- Tap on the Memories option on the left side and here you will see the deleted Snapchat memories of all time.
- Next, select the memories you want to recover and tap on the Recover Memory to save it on your device.
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone and Android
1. Snapchat Memories Recovery by iStaunch
Snapchat Memories Recovery by iStaunch is a free online tool that lets you recover deleted Snapchat memories instantly. Enter your Snapchat username in the given box and tap on the Recover Memories button. Now sit back and it will automatically restore deleted memories to your Snapchat account.
2. Recover Snapchat Memories from Cache
One of the quickest and easiest methods to recover deleted Snapchat memories is in your device’s cache. For this, you will need to navigate to your device’s file manager and check for the Snapchat folder in the internal storage.
Here’s how you can:
- First, connect your Android device to the computer via USB cable.
- Allow the computer to access your Android phone data.
- After that, open your phone’s Internal Storage folder on a computer.
- Go to Android > Data > com.snapchat.android and here you will find the cache folder, just open it.
- There is a good chance you will find your deleted memories retained in the cache. Tap on it and click on the Save button to recover deleted memories.
3. Look Into Phone Gallary
Another method is to look for it in the gallery’s trash folder. The deleted media is often retained in the trash folder for a certain period based on your device settings.
You can go to your gallery > trash and search for the videos or photos. Once found, you can recover it by tapping it twice or selecting it, and clicking on recover. That’s it, memories will be recovered to their original folder.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Gallery on your Android device and tap on the Menu icon.
- It will open a pop-up screen with a list of options, tap on the Recycle Bin.
- Here you will find the deleted photos and videos in the last 30 days.
- Select the deleted Snapchat memories and tap on the Recover button.
- That’s it, the memories will be saved to your phone gallery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can recover deleted Snapchat memories from your Android and iPhone devices. You can use Snapchat Memories Recovery by iStaunch to recover memories on Snapchat.
Your Snapchat memories might get disappear if you delete them or if you factory reset your phone.
Unfortunately, there is no recently deleted option available on Snapchat to get back deleted memories.
There is no way to recover lost memories that weren’t successfully backed up.
I hope guys now you can easily recover deleted memories on Snapchat after reading this article. If you have any questions or suggestions then let us know in the comments section.