Snapchat is one of many social networking platforms that provide users with an opportunity to share their photos, videos, and multimedia content with their friends, family, and loved ones. The only issue with Snapchat is that it does not enable you to save these photos on your Android or iPhone gallery.
There is always a dedicated time limit for how long the photos will remain on the platform or once the recipient has viewed the content, it will be removed from the app automatically.
While the photos might no longer be available on the Snapchat app, they can still be recovered from your device cache. Also, the photos and videos that you share with other users will remain on the Snapchat server for some time.
Here are a few ways to save the photos you have received on Snapchat:
Take a Screenshot: The easiest way to save a photo on Snapchat is by capturing a screenshot of the picture. Note that the person will get a notification as soon as you capture the screenshot of their photos.
Stories: The stories on Snapchat are visible for a day. However, you could save them for future use by selecting the “Live Story”.
Memories: All the photos and videos saved in the memories section can be viewed anytime according to the user’s convenience. These photos will never be deleted from your account.
There are times when people delete their photos from Snapchat by mistake or forget to save them to memories.
But don’t worry anymore!
In this post, iStaunch will show you a complete guide on how to recover deleted Snapchat photos and get deleted snaps back.
In fact, these are the same strategies you can use to recover deleted Snapchat memories on your Android and iPhone devices.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos (Recover Deleted Snaps)
- Open the Snapchat My Data page from your Android or iPhone device.
- Log in to your Snapchat account by entering your Username/Email Address and password.
- You will be redirected to the My Data page. Here you can request Snapchat to your account data.
- Scroll down and click on the Submit Request button as shown in the below image.
- That’s it, your account data request has been submitted successfully and it will be available for download within 24 hours. Once your data is ready to download your will receive mail with a download link on your registered email address. Sometimes it may take a little longer to receive a download link.
- Also, keep in mind that there is a limit on the number of times per day you can request to download your data.
- Open the email from Snapchat and tap on the download link.
- It will take you to the My Data page and tap on mydata.zip.
Now, follow the below steps to view and restore deleted Snapchat photos from your downloaded data file.
How to Restore Deleted Snapchat Photos from Snapchat Date
- Extract the mydata.zip file on your phone.
- Once extracted, you will get a new folder.
- Open it, and tap on the index.html file.
- Tap on the Photos option from the left panel.
- You will find deleted snapchat photos of all time. Select the photos and tap on recover.
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos
1. Snapchat Photos Recovery by iStaunch
To recover your deleted Snapchat photos, go to Snapchat Photos Recovery by iStaunch. Enter your username and tap on the recover photos button. It will automatically restore photos to your account.
2. Recover Snapchat Photos from Cache
Android stores the cache memory of all the apps on the phone storage including Snapchat photos. If you are using Android, you could recover the deleted Snapchat photos and files through the cache folder.
Here’s how you are supposed to do that:
- Navigate to the File Manager on your device.
- Go to Android > Data > com.snapchat.android.
- Open the Snapchat Cache folder.
- Head over to the “received_image_snaps”.
- You will see the deleted photos.
- Select the photos and tap on recover.
3. Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos on iPhone
For those who have synced iCloud on their device, recovering Snapchat photos is going to be super simple. Here’s how you could recover Snapchat from iCloud backup.
- Visit Settings, General, and Reset.
- Tap “Erase all content and settings”.
- Restart your device and select “Restore from iCloud backup”.
- There you go! Restore all the backup files available on iCloud.