Snapchat is one of many social networking platforms that provide users with an opportunity to share their photos, videos, and multimedia content with their friends, family, and loved ones. The only issue with Snapchat is that it does not enable you to save these photos on your Android or iPhone gallery. There is always a dedicated time limit for how long the photos will remain on the platform. Once the recipient has viewed the content, it will be removed from the app automatically.
While the photos might no longer be available on the Snapchat app, they can still be recovered from your mobile’s cache. Also, the photos and videos that you share with other users will remain on the Snapchat server for some time.
Here are a few ways to save the photos you have received on Snapchat:
Take a Screenshot: The easiest way to save a photo on Snapchat is by capturing a screenshot of the picture. Note that the person will get a notification as soon as you capture the screenshot of their photos.
Stories: The stories on Snapchat are visible for a day. However, you could save them for future use by selecting the “Live Story”.
Memories: All the photos and videos saved in the memories section can be viewed anytime according to the user’s convenience. These photos will never be deleted from your account.
There are times when people delete their photos from Snapchat by mistake.
But don’t worry anymore! Here you can find complete guide on how to recover deleted Snapchat photos.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos
Yes, you can recover deleted photos and videos on Snapchat. To recover them, you need to request your account data with the help of the Snapchat My Data feature. Go to My Data Page > Select Deleted Photos and click on the Recover button.
- Open Snapchat My Data page.
- Next, log in to your Snapchat account.
- You will be redirected to the My Data page.
- Click on the Submit Request to download your Snapchat data.
- Your data will be available for download within 24 hours, but sometimes it may take a little longer.
- Keep in mind that there is a limit to the number of times per day you can download your data.
- Open the email from Snapchat and tap on the download link.
- It will take you to the My Data page and tap on mydata.zip.
Follow the below steps to view and restore deleted Snapchat photos from your downloaded data file.
Here’s how you can:
- Extract the mydata.zip file on your Android or iPhone device.
- Once extracted, you will get a new folder.
- Open it, tap on the index.html file.
- Tap on the Photos option from the left panel.
- You will find deleted snapchat photos.
- Select the photos and tap on recover.
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos
1. Recover Snapchat Photos from Cache
Android stores the cache memory of all the apps on the phone storage including Snapchat photos. If you are using Android, you could recover the deleted Snapchat photos and files through the cache folder.
Here’s how you are supposed to do that:
- Navigate to the File Manager on your device.
- Go to Android > Data > com.snapchat.android.
- Open the Snapchat Cache folder.
- Head over to the “received_image_snaps”.
- You will see the deleted photos.
- Select the photos and tap on recover.
2. Recover Snaps on iPhone
For those who have synced iCloud on their device, recovering the Snapchat photos is going to be super simple. Here’s how you could recover the Snapchat from iCloud backup.
Step 1: Visit Settings, General, and Reset. Tap “Erase all content and settings”.
Step 2: Restart your device and select “Restore from iCloud backup”
Step 3: There you go! Restore all the backup files available on the iCloud
3. Snapchat Photo Recovery Tool
If nothing works, try the photo recovery tool. There are so many photo recovery software apps and tools out there. You could download one from Google PlayStore or AppStore and recover all your deleted snaps following the instructions given in the app.