Add Instagram Highlight Without Adding to Story: Instagram stories are a great way of getting closer to your followers by sharing a special moment and day to day experience with them and making your profile more attractive.
However, sometimes it can be disappointing because Instagram automatically removes the story after 24 hours.
But recently, Instagram introduced a new feature called Story Highlights that keeps your old stories alive forever and you can easily view someone’s old Instagram stories.
The highlight feature allows you to group together your past stories as well as a particular part of each recent story.
It makes your profile more attractive by providing another insight into what you have in mind. You can also add a link to your website or youtube video to drive traffic from Instagram.
Keep in mind to add a story to highlight, it is necessary that your story must be seen by someone first and live for 24 hours to be eligible.
But there are so many users who want to add Instagram highlights without adding to story or want to add highlights on Instagram from camera roll.
Here is some good news for you.
Now you can add highlights without posting story with some trick.
In this guide, you’ll learn You simply need to follow the below steps to add Instagram highlights without posting to the story.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Add Instagram Highlights Without Story
Step 1: Make Your Profile Private
The first and very important step is you need to make your profile private. If you have a public profile, then you need to make it private for at least 24 hours. But if you already have a private account then you can skip this and move to the next step.
Here’s how you can:
- First, open Instagram and tap on the profile icon available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to settings by click on the three-line icon available and select the settings option.
- Tap on privacy and select the account privacy inside the connections.
- Toggle on the private account option to make your profile private instantly.
Step 2: Change Story Settings
After the switch to the private account, you need to change the settings of your story by keeping it visible to some close friends and hide it from all of your followers manually.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Instagram app and go to settings by clicking on the three-line icon.
- Scroll down and open the privacy, select story to change some settings.
- Tap on the hide story from option as shown in the below image, and you will see a complete list of your followers.
- Here you need to select all followers manually one by one by tapping on the name.
- After you select the followers, tap on the checkmark icon to complete the process.
Step 3: Start Uploading Stories
After you complete the above steps, you can start uploading your stories, and as we know we already hide stories from the followers so there is no one able to see them. Now you only need to wait for 24 hours.
Step 4: Add Story to Highlight
Now it’s time to add your story to highlight by a tap on the story option and select the highlight option available at the bottom of the screen to create a new one.
Also, keep in mind that don’t delete your story before 24 hours. In case you delete it, then it will automatically be deleted from the highlights.
5. Unblock Followers to See Your Story
- Inside the settings scroll down and open the privacy.
- Select story to change some settings.
- Tap on the hide story from option and unselect followers manually.
Sometimes you notice that your story is not visible in the highlight because you don’t wait for 24 hours, or you deleted the story before the 24 hours mark.
Video Guide: How to Add Highlights on Instagram Without Adding to Story