Find Someone’s Phone Number on Messenger: Facebook has been such a blessing. It had made our world so small. Talk about reconnecting with your long-lost friends from school or harmless flirting with the girl or boy you have had a crush on since God knows how many years!
Facebook has been there for our rescue through it all. The integrated features of Facebook allow the users to message and receive messages from people in their phone contact list by updating their phone number in the messenger settings.
We are all familiar with the warm fuzzy feeling we get a message from our long lost friend, cousin, relative, teacher, mentor, guide etc. Now, more often than not these messages usually turn up in our Facebook messenger instead of our phones because, lets be pretty honest, Facebook is the new age name for yellow pages.
So when that happens, it’s only natural that we night want to indulge in more conversations with the respective person by moving onto a more private channel i.e. your phone private phone number.
Or on the flip side, in another scenario one might be tempted to look for a person’s profile on Facebook by putting in their phone number from the contact list but there is a bit of a technicality that might goes behind both these scenarios.
First of all what needs to be taken into account is that, it is imperative for a person to have linked his/her number to their Facebook profile so that you can locate them through that.
Nevertheless, there are a few things that you can keep in mind to when you try to look for someone’s phone number through messenger.
- Launch the Messenger app on your phone.
- If you are already logged in, well and good, otherwise log into your profile.
- There is going to be an icon on the bottom right corner of the screen with an image of two men on it.
- Click on that icon
- In the search tab, type the name of the person who’s number you wish to search.
- When the name of that person appears, click on the ‘I’ tab next to their name.
- You will be redirected to that person’s profile.
- In the summary sheet on that person’s profile, all their details will be listed that they have put up for public display.
- If the person’s number is listed then you will be able to get a hold of it from the person’s profile and if not then there probably nothing else you can do about it at that time.
This is a simple process for looking for someone’s number on messenger. One more thing that you can do is to simply open the profile of the person whose number you wish to obtain and check the info summary on their page to look for their number without opening messenger first.
We have all felt the urge, at some point of time or the other to locate someone’s number through messenger or their profile. But if everything else fails, then you can simply ask the respective person to share their number with you on messenger. If you are lucky and the person is really interested in chatting on with you, then he/she will share the it number with you. Hence, problem solved!
The decision to link one’s number with their profile is a personal decision and depends upon the nature of account you wish to maintain and promote. If it’s a business account then it makes a lot of sense to link your umber to your profile as it will enhance the reach of your business. But, in case it is a private account, then linking your number to the same might expose your phone number to people you may or may not want.
Prudence and vigilance is the key for handling any or all social media portals and applications these days.