Using Messenger gives you an opportunity to get in touch with your old schoolmates you are no longer in contact with. It is your best place to initiate a conversation with your friends and learn more about what they are up to and what’s going on in their lives.
However, sending a message to your friends for re-connecting seems way too formal for your buddies. It may be a decent way to approach a professional or make new friends on social sites, but messaging has never been an ideal option for those looking to connect with their old friends.
Messenger is one of the few ways you can find your school friends and start a conversation with them.
But what if you want to get phone number from Facebook Messenger? It’s undoubtedly the best way to give them a quick surprise call.
The question is how do you find someone’s phone number on Messenger?
Let’s find out.
Does Facebook Messenger Show Contact Numbers of Your Friends?
Unfortunately, a vast majority of Messenger users have not made their contact details public, meaning there’s absolutely no way you can find their phone numbers from their profiles.
Even though some people do have their mobile numbers and email IDs mentioned in the bio, there are only a few of these people. Chances are the person you are trying to get in touch with does not have personal or contact information mentioned in the bio.
We will show you the tips for finding the contact details of a user on Messenger.
How to Find Someone’s Phone Number from Messenger
1. Find Phone Number from Their Messenger Profile
Despite the fact that a majority of people do not list their contact details on Messenger, it is always worth giving the app a shot. If they have listed their mobile number, it can be located from their profiles. Here are the steps for finding someone’s contact details from their Messenger profile.
- Open Messenger on your phone and sign in to your Messenger account if you are not already logged in.
- The search button is located at the bottom of the screen (two men icon). You can use this option to search for your friends or others on Messenger.
- Type the name of the person whose phone number you need. The list of people with the name you have typed will appear.
- Locate the profile of the target user and click on the “I” icon next to their name to head to their profiles.
- In the summary section of the user’s profile, you will find all the details of the user mentioned. This includes their contact number, emails, and other information. Note that you can find this information only if they have listed it in the bio.
- If they have mentioned their mobile number on their profiles, you can find it in the summary tab. If not, you are going to have to try another method.
Now, what if they have not mentioned it on their profiles?
Let’s find out how you can find their contact details that are not mentioned in the summary section of their profiles.
The above steps work for both Android and iOS users. However, the steps might differ. For example, you have to click on the username, contact, and then “view profile on Facebook”.
This option will open the user’s profile on their Facebook account, giving you access to their mobile number (of course, if they have mentioned the details).
2. Try Messenger Phone Number Lookup Tool
If the person has not made their mobile number public on messenger, your last resort is to try Messenger Phone Number Lookup tools.
These services are designed to help you trace the phone number of a user without having to search for their accounts on Facebook.
White Pages is one of the best mobile number lookup service providers. They have a vast database consisting of hundreds of thousands of mobile numbers – both for iOS and Android mobiles.
Pipl is another search engine for mobile number search services. The tool can be used to locate the phone numbers of a user easily. Enter their names and whatever details you remember in the search bar and the tool will return with their complete social profiles, names, mobile numbers, emails, and other details.
The above tips will help you locate the phone number of a user on their Messenger. As mentioned earlier, the above tips may help you find the contact details from the person’s Facebook bio, but there’s a slim chance the method will work. So, your best resort is to ask for it directly.