Other social media sites will come and go but Facebook has a special place in the hearts of every individual. Most of us have been using Facebook for over a decade now! Facebook has proved to be a revolutionary platform that has completely transformed the meaning of communication.
This platform has single-handedly reduced distance, by connecting people all across the globe! Over the past decade, Facebook has brought about countless innovative features such as reacts, chat rooms, Facebook live, etc.
According to the current survey conducted in the second half of 2021, the active user base of Facebook is around 2.89 million, making Facebook the biggest social networking platform in the world!
Coming to the aspect of messages, initially, the app had a “messages” option available within the app but later on, the messenger app was introduced and used separately! The messenger app came with several unique features that made people go gaga over its functionality. You could set personalized chat themes, emojis as well as set a personalized nickname for anyone that you’re chatting with!
However, every great invention out there comes with a downside. In this case, it is the fact that any stranger can send messages to you!
Facebook doesn’t have the provision for a remove button on messenger, thus anyone can directly send you a message, even if they are not a part of your Facebook friends list!
However, there are a few discreet ways through which you can remove unsolicited chats from Messenger.
Let’s take a closer look at this!
How to Remove Non Friends from Messenger
1. Mute A Contact
There can be several reasons to mute a contact. Maybe you’ve been receiving a stream of annoying spam messages that keeps your phone buzzing all the time. Maybe you just don’t want to keep away from a specific person. No matter what the reason is, you can conveniently mute a contact from Messenger! Follow these steps in order to successfully mute a contact.
- Open Facebook messenger.
- Scroll down to find the contact that you wish to mute.
- Click on the Info button that is situated right at the top of the chat box.
- Scroll down to find the Notifications icon.
- Click on the Mute Conversation tab and confirm your choices.
This way, you can successfully mute an unwanted conversation from Messenger!
2. Ignore A Contact
If you don’t want to mute a contact, there is another way of removing them. You can use the Ignore Contact option!
- Firstly, tap to open the Messenger app!
- Scroll down to find the person who you want to remove from messenger!
- Click on their name, their chat box will pop up! Click on the “i” on the top right hand corner of the chat.
- Once you click on that option, you’ll see several options, including “Ignore Conversation”. Tap on the said option and further click on Confirm.
Once this entire procedure is over, you can rest assured! You have successfully removed a contact from your messenger!