Social media has become a huge part of our day-to-day lives. At this point in 2023, we can hardly say that people use social media just for the purpose of entertainment and rejuvenation. It has also become a major source of income for numerous people. We have witnessed the emergence of new career paths like social media influencers, social media managers, marketers, paid media buyers, and many more.
Out of all the major social media platforms, Snapchat is an important name. Over the past decade, Snapchat has grown considerably, both in terms of popularity and innovation.
It has been one of the pioneers when it comes to innovative and engaging features such as the story feature, disappearing photos and videos, quirky filters, and many more.
Later on, Facebook bought Instagram, one of the biggest competitors for Snapchat, and implemented similar changes to its interface. This particular incident considerably affected the growth of Snapchat and it was reflected in the drop in the share price of the app.
However, Snapchat still remains undefeated in terms of popularity and trend. As of 2022, the app has an active user base of 293 million users, with the numbers growing every year!
If you’re an avid Snapchat user, you have probably come across a situation where you really needed to delete someone from your Snapchat without them knowing.
Maybe you really don’t like the snaps or the messages that they send you or you just want to take a break from them socially without hurting their feelings! The last thing you want is for them to find out that you’ve removed them!
If you’re looking to remove someone from Snapchat without them knowing, this blog is just the perfect match for you!
How to Remove or Unadd Someone on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
Sometimes, we might need to cut certain people out of our lives or distance ourselves from someone, even socially. Life gets a lot easier when we do it incognito, without them knowing.
Imagine all the awkward conversations and uneasy tension that you can avoid if you could just remove someone from Snapchat without them knowing. It would be great right?
Let’s see how.
1. Block Them (Delete Someone on Snapchat Without Them Knowing)
You might point out that blocking someone on Snapchat might lead to them finding out. However, our plan of action doesn’t just stop at blocking. If you block someone on Snapchat, following which you unblock them, the said person will never know!
If you just block someone, they might question where your account went but if you unblock them immediately, Snapchat will automatically remove them from your friend list.
They won’t be able to tell that you removed them since they won’t receive any notification. They will probably think that they have removed you by mistake or it was some sort of a glitch from Snapchat. Either way, you win!
With that being said, let us look at how you can block someone on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Click on your profile icon situated on the top left corner of the screen. You will be redirected to a screen. Tap on the “My Friends” option.
- Scroll down until you come across the particular user who you wish to block. Press and hold on their name until a menu bar appears.
- From there, choose the option “Block”.
- Once you have clicked on it and confirmed your choices, the said person will be blocked.
Now, in order to unblock this person:
- Go to the settings option in Snapchat.
- Tap on the “Blocked contact” option. Scroll down to find the person who you want to unblock.
- Long press on his name and click on the “Unblock” option.
- Once you have successfully confirmed your choice, select Confirm. The said user will be unblocked!
Once you have followed this step-by-step guide to remove someone from your Snapchat, they will no longer be able to view your stories or your posts. However, worry not! They won’t know that you have removed them, thus the question of awkwardness does not arise.
2. Mute Them (Remove Someone from Snapchat Without Them Knowing)
If you want to remove someone from your Snapchat account but are not willing to go through the unnecessary hassle or super awkward tension, there is another way that you can opt for without actually removing the user!
You can mute their stories or post notifications!
Muting an unwanted person from your Snapchat Friend list can really turn out to be your sweet spot because there will be absolutely no way that the person can find out (unless you tell them, of course). The said person can still view you as their Snapchat friend but you won’t be able to view any of their stories or post notifications.
You can also add an extra layer of protection into this plan by deleting all their previous chats. This way, you can completely feel like you have removed them from your Snapchat friend lists.
Follow these simple steps in order to mute them from your Snapchat profile.
- Open Snapchat and go to the “My Friends” section.
- Scroll down to locate the user who you want to mute.
- Press and hold onto their name for a while and toggle the “Notification” slider off to stop receiving any notifications from them.
- In order to mute their story, click on their story. Tap the three dots, go to the “Story Settings” and select “Mute Story”.
Once you follow these exact steps, you can successfully mute the story and notifications of the person who you wish to remove from your Snapchat without them knowing. This is the perfect way to cut someone out of your social media without actually blocking or removing them. Give it a try and let us know if you’ve enjoyed it!
3. Report As Spam (Unfriend Someone on Snapchat Without Them Knowing)
Sometimes, for certain people, just blocking or removing isn’t enough. There can be harassers or serious offenders lurking behind certain accounts, constantly toubling, threatening or harassing people, making it almost impossible for anyone to enjoy a comfortable time on a social media platform. When it comes to such people, just blocking them isn’t enough. It is our moral obligation to let Snapchat know that this particular user is a threat to the budding community on Snapchat.
In order to report someone on Snapchat, follow these incredibly easy step:
- Open Snapchat and go to your chats section.
- Click on their profile picture or open their private chat box and tap on their Snapchat avatar.
- This will take you to their profile. Tap on the three dots situated on the right hand upper corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears before you, choose the “Report” option. Following this, Snapchat will ask you numerous questions regarding your exact reason behind reporting the user. Submit all the answers and confirm your choices.
Once you’ve followed these steps, rest assured! Snapchat will receive your report and will further investigate to make sure that you’re not falsely accusing an innocent person. Once confirmed, Snapchat will restrict the said user’s profile. Until then, the person will automatically be blocked from your friend list.
How to Unadd Someone on Snapchat
Removing a friend from your Snapchat friend list isn’t as much of a daunting task as it seems to be. If you are new to Snapchat and you’re just looking for a way to successfully remove someone from your Snapchat friend list, here is what you can do.
However, you must keep in mind that if you follow these steps, the person that you’re removing from your friend list will immediately be notified. If you wish to remove someone without them knowing, keep reading further!
- Open the Snapchat app. Once you’ve opened it, click on the tiny icon displaying your profile picture on the top-left corner of your screen.
- It will open your profile, displaying everything about your account. Go to the “My Friends” section.
- Once you tap on it, you will be able to view all the Snapchat users that you have added to your friend list over the years. Scroll down to find the user that you want to remove.
- Once you find the specific user, tap and hold on their name. You can see a variety of options. Click on “More”.
- From the dialogue box displayed next, click on the “Remove Friend” option.
- You will come across a final dialogue box asking you to confirm your choices. Once you click on confirm, your choices will be saved.
If you follow this step-by-step guide, you can successfully remove someone from your Snapchat friends list.