People couldn’t have imagined a gaming platform featuring live online gaming features, social chatting options, music, and videos before the release of Xbox consoles. Xbox has always been the players’ favorite gaming tool, and for a good reason. Consisting of five consoles, it allows you to buy your favorite game and spend hours exploring different types of video games. The platform made it possible for people to enjoy a host of exciting services from the comfort of their homes.
But, what if you want to know where the person you are competing with on Xbox is located? Perhaps, you are curious to know their current location or you simply want to know what they are up to.
Well, there are hundreds of thousands of people that play different games on Xbox Live. It’s normal for gamers to wonder whether or not their IP addresses are revealed when playing online. For starters, all platforms disclose your IP address to the user – regardless of the site’s popularity.
The good news is that you can find the IP address of other gamers with the help of social media sites and engineering tools.
Before we move on to the steps for finding the IP address of a user on Xbox, it is important to understand the reasons why you’d like to find someone’s IP address.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
Reasons to Find Someone’s IP Address from Xbox
Tracking the IP address of a user on Xbox is not illegal, as long as you are not going to use it for any wrong or illegal purpose. So long as you have good intentions, it’s safe to track someone’s IP address from Xbox.
Now, the question is “why would you need someone’s IP address”?
There can be many reasons why you would want to track the IP address of an Xbox user. For one, you simply want to protect your account from hackers and malware attacks. For example, it is absolutely possible for people to get malware on their devices by following phishing links. Anyone can trick you into installing malware on your system.
Most people track the IP address to know the actual identity and location of the user. They want to know where is the person based or whether they are located in the same country they are claiming to be in.
How to Find IP Address from Xbox
As mentioned earlier, finding an IP address is possible for even a non-tech-savvy user on Xbox. However, you must be familiar with the right tools to track their location.
Let’s take a look at some of the common ways to track the users’ IP addresses.
1. Xbox IP Address Finder by iStaunch
Xbox IP Address Finder by iStaunch is the best tool to find someone’s IP Address on Xbox. All you need to do is enter the Xbox Gamertag in the given box and tap on the Find IP Address button. That’s it, next you will see the IP address of the entered Xbox Gamertag.
Related Tool: Xbox IP Address Tracker [Real-Time Location]
2. Grabify IP Logger
Grabify is a free and safe IP grabbing tool for people looking to find IP address of Xbox users. The idea is pretty simple, all you have to do is create an IP tracking URL, send it to the target, and get them to click on it. As soon as they click on the link, their IP address will be recorded in the Grabify database and they will be redirected to another website.
Here’s how you can:
- First, find a website you are certain the target user is interested in and copy its URL.
- Open the Grabify IP Logger website on your browser.
- Paste the copied URL in the input field of the Grabify homepage and tap on the Create URL.
- It will generate a new IP tracking link for you.
- Share IP tracking link with the Xbox user whose IP address you want to find.
- As soon as the user clicks on the link, they are sent to Grabify where their IP address is recorded and then they are redirected to the website link we copied in first step.
- Head over to the Grabify, refresh the page and here you’ll find the IP address of the Xbox user.
3. Xbox IP Resolver
You can fetch the IP address of a person if you know their Gamertag. The best part about the IP resolver is that these are absolutely free to use. Xbox Resolver is one of the best and most popular IP address resolvers in the market.
For this method to work, you are going to need the target’s Gamertag, which is fortunately available for the public view. Once you have collected their Gamertag, copy it, and head over to the Xbox Resolver website. It features a simple and clean homepage with a search field where you are supposed to enter the copied Gamertag. There you go! Once you have entered the tag, select the resolve option, and you will get the IP address of the target.
Another way to track the IP address of a user you are playing with on Xbox is through Wireshark. It is important to note that Wireshark is not available for Xbox. So, here’s how you can use it.
- Install the app on your computer.
- For this trick to work, you need to connect your PC to the router as well as the gaming console to your computer (it can be done through an ethernet cable).
- You can fetch the IP address of the target with the help of the packets sent through the Xbox Gaming Console.
5. Command Prompt
For using the command prompt, you need to have a shared connection with the target user on Xbox. Here are the steps.
- Open Xbox and locate the user you’d like to track the IP address of.
- Add them to your gaming playlist and find their Gamertag.
- Build a connection with the person by starting a chat with them.
- Open Command Prompt and the Run App.
- You need to use the “netstat-an” command for tracking the IP address.
- Once you have found the IP address, head over to the IPLocation.net for tracking.
6. Xbox IP Puller
In addition to the Gamertag to find the IP address of a user, you can try external websites to pull someone’s IP address. Lanc Remastered is the best Xbox external IP Puller. Here’s how the method works.
- Download all the files that make up the Lanc Remastered.
- Disable IPV6 before using the Lanc Remastered.
- Wait for the program to be downloaded on your computer.
- Enable ARP spoofing and filter.
- Choose the network settings, go to Xbox, and locate the IP address of the target user.
- You need to paste the IP address in the “to” section of the ARP spoofing, along with the 4-digit code “3074”.
- Ask your target to join you in the live game on Xbox.
- Hit Enter as soon as your target users start joining the game.
How to Find Your Xbox One IP Address
The process gets a whole lot easier for users that have the log-in details of the target available. You’ll need to turn on the console and then make sure it’s connected to the network.
Here’s how you can:
Tap on the Home button and head over to the “settings” tab. Click on “network” and then “Advanced settings”. From here, you can adjust the IP settings according to your requirements.
For all the Xbox players, the IP address has to be shared to allow people to enjoy gaming. This means it is possible for you to track the IP address of a fellow person. Follow the above tips to track the IP address of the target on Xbox. Hope it helps.