Find IP Address of Mobile Number: An IP Address, or Internet Protocol address, is a unique numerical label that helps to connect and identify your computer, smartphone, and other devices on the internet or a local network. You can use it to get lots of information, including the device’s location, where your data’s really going, and a route on how to get there.
If you know the IP addresses, you can easily find the location where your information is sent.
IP address not only helps you to find where your data is going but also find the current location of another user on the Internet. That’s why most people use an IP address to track someone’s location and find where they are currently.
However, you may also hide your IP address using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) so that no one can know your location, and you can browse different sites and apps anonymously.
There are several reasons why people would want to find someone’s IP address.
Many eCommerce websites and other platforms might track your IP address to know your location and provide better product recommendations. An online forum and subscription service could block you from accessing their content with the help of an IP address.
Sometimes people may receive spam or inappropriate messages and calls from an unknown phone number and want to track their location.
The question is “is it possible for a user to find IP address of mobile number”? or “is it possible to find someone’s IP address through phone number”?
Unfortunately, you cannot find IP address through phone number or IP address of mobile number. The reason is pretty simple. The 10-digit phone number is assigned by a network service provider. There is no connection between your IP address and the phone number.
But don’t worry anymore!
There are nearly a dozen of alternative ways available that help you to find someone’s IP address through phone number for free. For instance, you can use a reverse phone lookup tool like Information.com to easily find the details of the caller.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
Can You Find Someone’s IP Address by Phone Number
Unfortunately, you cannot find someone’s IP address by phone number or IP address of mobile number as there is no connection between the device’s IP address and phone number. IP addresses are generally not static and may change very often, where a phone number is a kind of fixed assignment that the network service provider gives.
Your Internet service provider (ISP), a company that provides you Internet connections, will keep a log of IP addresses assigned to you, and they can easily find an IP address from the phone number.
Also, when you visit some websites on the Internet, and if the site collects the IP address with the exact timestamp, the police can ultimately find the IP address and track your location easily.
It is possible for the ISP, government, police, or other legal bodies if there is a probe or investigation assigned to a particular case.
Also, the IP address changes too dynamically when you turn on and off mobile data.
If you are connected to the data network of your service provider, you might have a fixed IP. This is because service providers now use a Dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) which gives a particular IP address to your device for a specific amount of time and it may change anytime. But usually what happens is, when that time expires, they renew the same IP, and hence it might be fixed.
But again, many service providers may allot different IP addresses to your device each time you connect to the internet. When you connect to the internet, a cell tower assigns you an IP address from the list of available IPs which might change very often. So it is completely dependent on your network service provider.
If you are connected to a WiFi connection then it depends on the WiFi network as each WiFi network can choose its own specific addressing plan. While connecting to the same WiFi network at different times, you might again be assigned different IPs.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address through Phone Number
Now that we know that it is not possible to get someone’s IP address by phone number, let us look at the alternative ways by which you can get someone’s IP address of mobile number.
- Phone Number to IP Address Converter by iStaunch: The Phone Number to IP Address Converter by iStaunch is a free online tool that lets you find someone’s IP address through mobile number.
- Borrowing Someone’s Phone: Well this might not be very helpful, but you can get someone’s IP by taking his cell phone and navigating to Settings, then About Phone, then Status, and then IP address. The path could vary depending on your phone’s brand. Or there are many online sites, that show your IP directly and you can browse one of them to get the IP.
- Knowing Someone’s WiFi Password: If you get to know someone’s WiFi password, you can log in to the service providers’ portal and see the IP addresses of the devices connected to that particular network.
- Email HTML Bug: This is done by embedding a code in an image that is sent through an email. If you read the email, which means you see the image, the piece of code could capture your IP address and location and the sender could get access to your location and IP.
- Web Server Logs: This is similar to the case that we discussed above as to how you can extract someone’s mobile number from the IP.
- Through Social Media: Social media sites’ administrators do know your IP and apart from that your IP could be accessed easily if you click on an advertisement or any other link on the site.
So these were some ways of tracking someone’s IP address. But coming back to the question that led to the discussion, there is no way one can someone’s IP address by his phone number until and unless the person verbally tells his own IP address.