There must have been many times when you are just caught completely off guard and the short videos and Reels starts playing on Facebook. This is a trend that we have seen on various other platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and now YouTube as well. As soon as you click on a page, the videos start loading and before you know it you have spent hours scrolling through these videos. This is because of the auto video feature and there can be some videos that catch your attention because of the interest, most of the time these are annoying!
Not just that, autoplay videos can also be harmful and expose people to unwanted, offensive, and violent content that one shouldn’t have seen by default. Whether you were looking for a method to stop these videos on your social media account, or in search of a comprehensive fix, we have tips to help you with that!
Remember that you will have to make adjustments in the settings for each of the devices that you own. This is mainly because preferences that have been set on your phone can be different from those on your PC.
Some people do like the feature over Facebook, while others are completely against it. These videos can have annoying, disturbing, and inappropriate content as well.
Technically, it might not be possible to get rid of such features completely from the application setting. However, there are some solutions and we are going to explore them right here!
How to Remove Reels and Short Videos from Facebook
Getting rid of these unknown creators, blocking annoying reels and unwanted videos and short videos can become so critical sometimes. You can also try and get the older version of Facebook to stop all of this from happening in the first place.
If you have been using Facebook on the internet browser, you can switch off the autoplay option by following steps:
- Go on your Facebook account and then to the menu option present in the top right corner.
- Now go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option.
- Now search for the ‘videos’ option in the menu. Here you can see the toggle option to switch off the video autoplay.
Facebook also has similar options that are available for Android and iOs apps.
For iOS App:
- Go to your account and then the Menu option present at the bottom of the screen.
- Now go to ‘Settings and Privacy and then click ‘Settings.
- Now you need to scroll down and find ‘Media and Contacts’ and then click on ‘videos and Photos’.
- You will be able to see the ‘Autoplay’ option here and just turn that off.
For Android App:
- You have to click on the menu option that’s present on the top corner of the screen.
- Once you have reached there, just scroll down and then tap on ‘Settings and Privacy, then click on ‘Settings’.
- Now find the option for ‘media and Contacts’ and tap over it.
- Click on the option of ‘autoplay’ and then change the setting to ‘Never Autoplay Videos.
The methods that we shared above need to be followed as per the device that you are using at the moment and settings will be required to change accordingly. Let us know how well the experience is without these short videos.
Since the time TikTok was banned in several countries, most of the apps jumped on the opportunity of replacing the video application. Facebook and Instagram became the most prominent and people use them almost every day.
However, if you were never on TikTok, chances are that you don’t like reels and short videos on Facebook either. The suggestions and guidelines that we mentioned in the article will help avoid such features for sure.