To increase security, major corporations such as Google and Facebook ask for cell phone numbers in their mobile applications. Some applications, such as the massive ‘WhatsApp,’ only require a mobile number to get started. WhatsApp is a popular communication app used by millions of people across the world.
To get started, this app will ask for your phone number. When you input your phone number, WhatsApp will email you an OTP, which you must enter to verify that you have access to that phone number. This is how your WhatsApp account is created. In this discussion, we’ll show you how to send a WhatsApp message to someone without revealing your phone number. It is the finest strategy to use if you want to prank one of your buddies. You are welcome to do it for educational purposes as well.
How to Send Whatsapp Message without Showing Your Number
Method 1: Use an existing landline
WhatsApp provides two kinds of verification: a phone verification that repeats a 6-digit verification code and a verification code sent via text message. If you want to verify WhatsApp with an existing landline, you can utilize the call verification technique.
- Get WhatsApp for your mobile device.
- Type in your landline phone number.
- Wait for the first SMS verification attempt to fail. It takes roughly 5 minutes to do this task.
- You should see an option to have WhatsApp call you. Select it by clicking on it.
- Keep an ear out for the six-digit verification code.
- Enter the six-digit verification code and you’re all set.
Method 2: Use a free text-messaging app like TextPlus and TextNow
When you inquire how to send a WhatsApp message without exposing your phone number, you’ll almost always be directed to an app-based solution. If you don’t want to use your landline number, you can utilize free text-messaging apps like TextPlus and TextNow to mask your real phone number and still use WhatsApp. This strategy is used in conjunction with call verification.
Simply follow these steps to get started using WhatsApp with a free text-messaging app:
- Get the text-messaging app on your phone.
- Launch the app and tap the three-bar icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Make a note of your TextNow/TextPlus phone number.
- When WhatsApp asks for verification, provide your TextNow/TextPlus number.
- Wait for the first SMS verification attempt to fail. This takes roughly 5 minutes to complete.
- WhatsApp should provide you the option to call you. Select it by clicking on it.
- Wait for the 6-digit verification code to appear on the screen.
- After entering the verification code, you can begin using WhatsApp.
The adage “you get what you pay for” applies here. If you’re searching for a one-time, short-term solution, text-messaging apps like TextNow and TextPlus might be a good fit, although both have concerns with customer support and user experience. TextNow’s customer service hasn’t been great lately, so use it at your own risk.