Facebook-owned instant messaging application Whatsapp is the most popular messaging app around the globe. Whatsapp is having around 2 billion active users around the world. This application not only provides messaging feature but also allowed you to keep your stories, video calling facilities, and also voice calling facilities.
With this feature users also can keep their profile picture on their Whatsapp application which makes the other user easy for communicating. By seeing the profile picture one can confirm that the person whom they are contacting is the same person whom they are looking for.
But sometimes there are some contacts of whom you don’t want to see or want to hide their profile picture on your Whatsapp screen. The reason might be you don’t like their profile picture or you might be hiding that contact from your family or friends, reason might be anything but what if you want to hide that profile picture? Can you able to do that? The answer is an absolute Yes! You can do that so. There is no specific feature provided by Whatsapp messenger to do that but one can go with the below-mentioned trick which can help you to hide someone’s profile picture on your Whatsapp application.
How to Hide Someone’s Profile Picture on Whatsapp
To use this trick you have to use your phone’s contact book.
- Open your phone’s contact book.
- Search the user contact details of whom you want to hide the profile picture.
- Now, click on the Edit button available near contact details.
- You just have to add the # (hashtag) symbol before the number. After adding the # number should look like #+91999998888.
- After adding the # symbol by editing the contact details you will not able to see the contact details on your Whatsapp application.
This trick will help you to hide your contact so indirectly profile pictures will also be hidden automatically. And if you want that contact details back to your Whatsapp application you can just remove the # symbol by again editing the contact details from the contact book and then can search for that user on the Whatsapp application you will able to find the details of the particular user again on Whatsapp application.
For this trick, you need the help of the person of whom you want to hide the profile picture. You just have to ask the user to remove your contact number from his/her contact book. And then you have to ask the user to keep the profile picture enable to my contacts only. Kindly follow the below mention steps to enable the profile picture to my contacts only.
- Open the Whatsapp application on your mobile.
- Tab on three horizontal dots available on the top of right on the home screen.
- Select the setting option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on the Account section from the setting menu.
- Click on the privacy option in the account section.
- Then click on the profile picture option in the privacy section. You will able to see three options 1. EVERYONE 2. MY CONTACTS ONLY 3. NOBODY.
- Select the second option My contacts only.
So now you will not able to see the profile picture of the user who has enable this privacy to my contacts only.
Hope these tricks may help you to hide someone’s profile picture on your Whatsapp application.