TikTok has millions of active users who try their best to make exciting and engaging videos to build a loyal follower base. Here, the popular content creator tag can be achieved overnight. Yes, you read it right! It doesn’t take long for skilled people to gain the attention of the people. All they need to do is upload valuable and entertaining videos.
The platform allows you to watch, download, and share the content creator’s videos with your friends, family, and colleague but you need to have an active account.
Like any other social networking site, registering an account with TikTok needs your name and email address.
Sometimes, users must have to link their phone number to the account for verification. While the platform keeps all your sensitive information safe and confidential, some users still want to remove phone number from TikTok without verification.
If you’re new to TikTok, this guide will tell you how to unlink phone number from TikTok.
In fact, these are the same strategies you can use to change or update your phone number on TikTok.
Why Do You Need to Link Phone Number to TikTok?
When signing up with this social site, you may need to submit your contact details. Basically, TikTok links your phone number to your account for many reasons. This is done to ensure that each user creates only one account. It only accepts authentic users who have only one account on the platform.
It’s used to determine the authenticity of your account. Imagine how many accounts people would create multiple accounts if the site didn’t have the verification concept.
Similarly, some desperate people create many accounts to gain followers. This consumes unnecessary server space, making the application less reliable. Overall, it is completely fair for a popular social site to collect the user’s details. This ensures that every user gets to create only one account.
Can You Remove or Unlink Phone Number from TikTok Without Verification?
Unfortunately, you can’t remove or unlink phone number from TikTok without verification as there is no direct option available in the app. To change or update the phone number you must need to add new number and verify with OTP.
How to Remove or Unlink Phone Number from TikTok
- Open TikTok and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile by clicking on the Me Icon at the bottom.
- On your profile page, tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen.
- Select the Manage My Account inside the Account section.
- Next, tap on the Phone Number option.
- Before you unlink the phone number, you need to verify your current number. Just tap on the Send Code button.
- Enter 4 digit code send to your phone number and verify it.
- After that type the new number and tap on the submit button.
- Click on Send OTP and verify the new number.
- That’s it, your phone number was successfully removed from TikTok account.
Ensure that the information you have linked to your account will not be disclosed to your fans or other users. As mentioned before, the platform keeps all your private information confidential.
So, if a lack of privacy is the reason why you are deleting your number from this platform, rest assured that no one can fetch your details from the server.
How to Remove Phone Number from TikTok Permanently
- Open the TikTok app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Tap on the Me icon and click on the three dots at the top.
- Click on Report a problem and select Account and Profile.
- Tap Still have a problem and write, “I don’t have access to the registered number and want to remove it.
- That’s it, the support team will contact you for the verification, and it will be removed in 48 hours.
You Might Also Like: