TikTok has millions of active users who try their best to make exciting and engaging videos to build a loyal follower base. Here, the popular content creator tag can be achieved overnight. Yes, you read it right! It doesn’t take long for skilled people to gain the attention of the people. All they need to do is upload valuable and entertaining videos. The platform allows you to watch, download, and share the content creator’s videos with your friends, family, and colleague but you need to have an active account.
Like any other social networking site, registering an account with TikTok needs your name and email address. Also, every user must have to link their phone number to the account for verification. While the platform keeps all your sensitive information safe and confidential, some users still want to remove their phone number.
If you’re new to TikTok, this guide will tell you how to remove your phone number from TikTok.
In fact, these are the same strategies you can use to change or update your phone number on TikTok.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Remove Phone Number from TikTok
Unfortunately, you cannot remove phone number from TikTok permanently as there is no direct remove option available in the app. However, you can change or update the phone number with a new number from the app’s settings.
Here’s how you can remove phone number and update new:
- Open TikTok on your phone.
- Go to your TikTok profile.
- Click on the Manage My Account.
- Select phone number.
- Remove Phone Number? Tap on Yes.
- Next, type a new number.
- OR visit Receive SMS Online for fake numbers.
- Click on send OTP and copy it from Receive SMS Online.
- Type 4 digit code and tap on the verify.
- That’s it, phone number successfully removed from TikTok account.
Ensure that the information you have linked to your account will not be disclosed to your fans or other users. As mentioned before, the platform keeps all your private information confidential.
So, if a lack of privacy is the reason why you are deleting your number from this platform, rest assured that no one can fetch your details from the server.
How to Remove Phone Number from TikTok Permanently
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap on the Me icon to open settings.
- Click on the three dots icon.
- Tap on Report a problem & select Account and Profile.
- After that, select Phone Number.
- Choose I want to remove phone number.
- Tap Still have a problem and write, “I don’t have access to the registered number and want to remove it.
- That’s it, the support team will contact you for the verification, and it will be removed in 48 hours.
Why Do You Need to Link Phone Number?
When signing up with this social site, you may need to submit your contact details. Basically, TikTok links your phone number to your account for many reasons. This is done to ensure that each user creates only one account. It only accepts authentic users who have only one account on the platform.
It’s used to determine the authenticity of your account. Imagine how many accounts people would create multiple accounts if the site didn’t have the verification concept.
Similarly, some desperate people create many accounts to gain followers. This consumes unnecessary server space, making the application less reliable. Overall, it is completely fair for a popular social site to collect the user’s details. This ensures that every user gets to create only one account.
I hope guys now you can easily remove phone number from your TikTok account. In case if you have any questions or suggestions then feel free to comment below.
You Might Also Like: