Recover Deleted Messages in Telegram: Telegram happens to be one of the popular cloud-based instant messaging platform for online interactions with your friends, family, and colleagues. The app consists of several features that allow users to send and receive messages most excitingly. The app also enables users to share files (audio, video, documents, etc), end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, and several other features.
However, there are times when people delete certain messages from Telegram accidentally only to realize later that those conversations were important.
The good news is there are a few easy and effective methods available to recover deleted Telegram chat on Android and iPhone. Whether you have deleted them accidentally or intentionally, there is always an option to recover deleted messages on Telegram.
Note that Telegram also allows users to delete messages from both ends. So there is a chance the receiver and the sender will never be able to recover Telegram chat if the messages are deleted from both sides.
However, this does not include any group where only the admin is allowed to delete the chat history or any specific conversation.
With that being said, if the messages are deleted from both sides, there is no possible way to recover them, but there is an option for creating a copy of the messages you are sending.
You don’t have to copy and backup these messages manually all the time, instead, you could download the Hide Last Seen – No Blue Ticks app on your phone. The messages will be backed up automatically, and even if they are deleted, their copies will always be available on Hide Last Seen – No Blue Ticks app.
The major drawback for Telegram users is that there is no backup file available for the text you have sent to the user as messages are not saved on your Android and iPhone devices as a backup file.
But don’t worry anymore, in this guide, you’ll learn how to recover deleted Telegram messages on Android and iPhone.
These are the same strategies you can use to recover deleted Telegram photos, videos, and files for free.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Messages in Telegram
- First, download and install the Telegram Desktop version on your computer.
- Open the Telegram Desktop and log in to your account.
- You will be redirected to the Dashboard, tap on the three lines icon at the top.
- It will open a menu screen, and select the Settings as shown in the below image.
- After that click on the Advanced from the list of options.
- Scroll down and tap on the Export Telegram Data inside the Data and Storage section.
- Select which deleted messages and chats you want to export such as Personal Chat, Bot Chats, Private Groups, etc.
- After you select the appropriate options, tap on the Export button. That’s it, your data export request has been submitted successfully.
- You will see a message like “For security reasons, you will be able to downloading your data in 24 hours. We have notified all your devices about the export request to make sure it’s authorized and give you time to react if it’s not”.
- Just come back after the time given (Mostly after 24 hours) in the message and request the data again by following the above steps.
- You also need to confirm this request by pressing the Allow button.
- Once you allow it, you will receive a message like Accepted.
- After 24 hours, again open the Export Telegram Data section and tap on the Export button.
- It will start exporting your data and tap on Show My Data.
- Open the export_results.html file to view your deleted telegram messages.
- That’s it, next you will find deleted telegram messages of all time.
Video Guide: How to Recover Telegram Deleted Messages | Restore Telegram Chat History Without Backup
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Telegram Messages
1. Telegram Message Recovery by iStaunch
To recover deleted Telegram messages, go to the Telegram Message Recovery by iStaunch tool. Next, enter your mobile number and tap on the Recover Messages button. That’s it, it will automatically retrieve deleted messages on Telegram including photos and videos.
2. Restore Telegram Chat History
Another great feature on telegram is that the app offers you an opportunity to hit the ‘Undo’ button after deleting the chat. But, that option is available for only the next 5 seconds of deleting the conversation.
For now, the only option that Telegram allows you to recover deleted chat is the Undo button. This option is part of the Telegram update that was launched recently.
Every time you delete a conversation, you will get a confirmation message asking you if you want to delete the chat.
Make sure that Telegram allows you to delete a chat from either one end or both ends. If you have deleted it from your inbox, then the messages will not be deleted from the inbox of another party. They may forward the conversation or give you a screenshot of the message.
3. Recover Telegram Chat With Binders
If you are having File Manager on your phone, you could easily look for the deleted messages that were in the image, video, and other formats. Based on the way you have configured the data, there is always a chance the content you have received from a third party will be stored in your internal storage.
So, these were a few steps for recovering the deleted Telegram conversations in the easiest and fastest possible manner. Whether you need the conversation recovered for proof or you just want to save the chats for future reference, these tips will help you recover just about any deleted file effortlessly.