See Deleted Snapchat Messages: Snapchat has become one of the best social networking app for those who love to share their daily moments, stories, and entertaining content with their followers, friends, and family members. From its latest Snap Map function to all the exciting range of filters, there is so much on Snapchat that garners a large crowd’s attention.
It also lets you chat with your friends and loved ones just like Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.
Recently, the app introduced a new feature called Discover Messages that allows users to snap something interesting to their friends, who can view it, and then tap on a link to post on Discover.
One of the exciting and unique features is that all your messages including photos and videos that you send or receive will be automatically deleted after viewing or after 24 hours.
In recent times, the platform has acquired millions of users just because of the idea that messages automatically disappear after some time. But people keep deleting conversations mistakenly and sometimes intentionally.
Have you ever deleted messages on Snapchat with your friend only to recover them later?
If yes, then you must have a question in your mind, “Can you recover deleted Snapchat messages?”, “Can Snapchat messages be recovered?”
As you already know, Snapchat has made it clear that all kinds of messages you share over the chat box will disappear/expire automatically after the recipient has viewed them or 24 hours after viewing unless you press and hold to save them.
However, you can still see deleted Snapchat messages including photos, videos, and chats by requesting your account data and it’s also stored on your device with a .nomedia extension.
In this post, iStaunch will show you a complete guide on how to recover deleted Snapchat messages on iPhone and Android devices.
In fact, These are the same strategies you can use to recover deleted Snapchat memories.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages (See Deleted Messages on Snapchat)
- Open the Snapchat My Data page on your Android or iPhond device.
- Next, login to your account by entering your username/email address and password.
- After you login successfully, it will take you to the My Data page.
- Here you can request Snapchat to download your account data by tap on the Submit Request button at the end of the page.
- Once you submit the request, the team will start preparing your data and you will receive an email after it’s ready to download.
- Go to the email received from Snapchat and tap on the “click here” link.
- It will take you to the My Data page and tap on the mydata.zip link. The zip file will automatically start downloading on your device.
Now you have a .zip file containing your deleted Snapchat messages including photos and videos. But you might be wondering how you can view and restore deleted messages from this file?
Don’t worry, I’ll help you.
How to Restore and View Deleted Snapchat Messages
- Extract the mydata.zip file on your Android or iPhone device.
- After the file is extracted, you will get a new folder.
- Go to that folder and open the index.html file to view deleted messages.
- Next, you will see all deleted Snapchat messages which you have made from day one.
Alternative Ways to Recover Snapchat Messages
1. Snapchat Message Recovery by iStaunch
Snapchat Message Recovery by iStaunch is a free online tool that lets you recover deleted Snapchat messages for free. Enter Snapchat username in the given box and tap on the recover button. It will automatically restore messages to your Snapchat account.
2. Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages from Cache (Android)
The best way to get these deleted Snapchat messages back is by finding the media stored on your Android device.
Go to Android > data > com.snapchat.android > cache folder and select messages. Next, you will see the deleted messages. Select the required deleted messages, and click on the Recover button.
Here’s how you can:
- Connect your phone to PC via USB.
- Go to Android > Data > com.snapchat.android.
- Open the Snapchat Cache folder.
- You will see the deleted messages.
- Select the messages and tap on recover.
- You can also recover deleted photos and videos.
Alternatively, you can download FoneLab tools to get all your messages back. The software will allow you to recover the deleted Snapchat messages without any hassle.
3. Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages iPhone
If you are using iOS, you may have to use advanced message recovery software to recover all your data.
Here’s how you can:
- Install the Snapchat Message Recovery.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC.
- Your device will enter the recovery mode.
- It will start scanning your device for deleted messages.
- Next, you will see the deleted messages.
- Select the messages and tap on recover.
4. See Old Snapchat Messages (File Manager)
All messages you have deleted from Snapchat are stored in your device’s internal storage under the name “.nomedia” extension. This extension means that messages deleted from your Snapchat are still available on your mobile.
Here’s how you can recover these messages.
- Install the File Manager on your android device.
- If you are using iPhones, you need to jailbreak the device and find the right file manager app.
- Go to Android/data/ and open the com.snapchat.android folder.
- Find the file with a .nomedia extension.
- Here you will also see the files with the data invisible.
- To recover deleted Snapchat messages, you will have to rename every file by removing the nomedia extension.
- After that, the thumbnails for all the files will be visible again.
- You may have to dig a little to find and recover Snapchat messages.
4. See Deleted Chats on Snapchat (Dumpster)
Just like a computer has recycle bin where all your deleted files got saved, Dumpster is the Android version of the recycle bin. You must download this app to protect your important files and folders.
The app stores everything you have deleted intentionally or accidentally. Whether it is a ZIP file or JPG, you could recover almost everything from Dumpster.
The best part about the app is that you don’t need to search for anything, and every deleted file is clearly visible. Besides that, Dumpster will help you retrieve Snapchat messages without an internet connection. However, you have to activate the app for Snapchat media.
5. Save Your Snapchat Messages
Prevention is better than cure. You must take preventive measures to save your messages instead of deleting them and regretting them later. Now, saving the messages on Snapchat is quite straightforward.
Here is how you can save your messages:
- Open Snapchat and log into your account.
- Swipe right to open the chat section.
- Go to the chat you want to save.
- Long press the message and tap on Save in Chat option.
- Once the message is saved, it is highlighted in gray color and bold.
- Also, keep in mind that other person also knows that you have saved their message.
I hope you can now easily recover your deleted Snapchat messages on your Android or iPhone device after reading this complete guide. If you are having any issues while recovering messages then feel free to comment below.