Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages: Snapchat has become one of the most popular and best social networking application for those who love to share their daily moments, stories and entertaining content with their followers, friends and family members.
From its latest Snap Map function to all the exciting range of filters, there is so much on Snapchat that garners a large crowd’s attention.
It also lets you chat with your friends and loved ones just like Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger. Recently, the app introduced a new feature called Discover Messages that lets you snap something interesting to your friends, who also view it and then tap on a link to post on Discover.
One of the exciting and unique feature of Snapchat is that all your messages including photos and videos that you send or receive will be automatically deleted after viewing or 24 hours after viewing unless you save them.
In recent times, Snapchat has acquired millions of users just because of the idea that messages automatically disappear after some time.
But people keep deleting conversations mistakenly and sometimes intentionally. Have you ever deleted chats on Snapchat with your friend only to want to recover them later?
The question is, “is it possible to recover deleted Snapchat messages”? And, how can you get the messages back once they are erased from your Snapchat?
As you already know, Snapchat has made it clear that all kinds of messages you share over the chat box will disappear/expire automatically after the recipient has viewed them or 24 hours after viewing unless you press and hold to save them.
However, you can still recover the deleted Snapchat messages including photos, videos, and chats by requesting your account data and it’s also stored on your device with a .nomedia extension.
Here you can find complete on how to recover deleted Snapchat messages on Android and iPhone devices.
These are the same strategies you can use to recover deleted Snapchat memories.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
- Open Snapchat My Data to recover deleted messages.
- Enter your email and password to log in.
- You will be redirected to the Snapchat My Data page.
- Here you can request data containing your deleted messages.
- Scroll down and tap on the Submit Request.
- Your request has been submitted, and it will tell the Snapchat team to prepare an archive for your account.
- You will receive an email when the data is ready to download. It may take some time as per the number of your stories, photos, videos and messages.
- Tap on the Download link in your email, and it will take you to the My Data page.
- Next, click on the mydata.zip file to download it on your device.
Now you have a .zip file containing your deleted Snapchat messages. But you might be wondering how to view and restore deleted messages from this file?
Don’t worry, i’ll help you.
How to View & Restore Deleted Snapchat Messages
- Extract the mydata.zip file on your Android or iPhone device.
- After the file is extracted, you will get a new folder.
- Go to that folder and open the index.html file to view deleted snapchat messages.
- Next, you will see all deleted Snapchat messages which you have made from day one.
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages
1. Snapchat Message Recovery
To recover deleted Snapchat messages, go to the Snapchat message recovery by iStauch and enter your username. Next, tap on the recover messages button, and it will automatically restore to your account.
2. Cache Folder
The best way to get these deleted messages back is by finding the media stored on your Android. Here are the steps you must follow for recovering the deleted messages.
- The first step is to connect your phone to the desktop through a USB cable. Once you have done that, head over to the internal storage section.
- Select the “Android Folder” and then the Data folder option
- Click com.snapchat.android
- You will find all your deleted messages in the cache folder. Here, you can recover all the deleted data of Snapchat.
Alternatively, you can download FoneLab and other Snapchat message recovery tools and get all your messages back. This is the easiest way to get your messages recovered at once. The software will allow you to recover the deleted Snapchat messages.
For iOS users:
If you are using iOS, then you may have to use the advanced message recovery software to get all your data recovered. The steps for doing that are:
- Download the Snapchat message recovery software tool
- Get your mobile connected to the computer with a USB cable
- Your iPhone will enter the recovery mode as soon as you open the software
- Start scanning and you will be able to see the data displayed in the phone lab tool
- From here, you can tick all the messages you would like to recover
- After selecting the messages you would like to recover, choose a destination folder and forward these messages to your chosen destination.
3. File Manager
All messages that you have deleted from Snapchat are stored in your device’s internal storage under the name “.nomedia” extension. This extension means that messages deleted from your Snapchat are still available on your mobile. Here’s how you can recover these messages.
- Install the File Manager Apk on your android device.
- If you are using iPhones, you need to jailbreak the device and find the right file manager app.
- In the file manager app, go to data/data/ and open the com.snapchat.android folder.
- Find the file with a .nomedia extension and here you will also see the files with the data invisible.
- To see deleted Snapchat messages, you will have to rename every file by removing the nomedia extension.
- Once you have removed the nomedia extension, the thumbnails for all the files will be visible again.
- You may have to dig a little to find the deleted Snapchat messages.
4. Use the Dumpster
Just like computers have recycle bins where all your deleted files and applications go, Dumpster is the Android version of the recycle bin. You must download this app to protect your important files and folders. The app stores everything you have deleted intentionally or accidentally. Whether it is a ZIP file or JPG, you could recover almost everything from Dumpster.
The best part about the app is that you don’t need to search for anything. Every deleted file is clearly visible. Besides that, Dumpster will help you retrieve Snapchat text messages without an internet connection. However, you have to activate the app for the Snapchat media.
5. Save All Your Snapchat Messages
Prevention is better than cure. You must take preventive measures to save your messages instead of deleting them and regretting them later. Now, saving the messages on Snapchat is quite straightforward.
Here how you can save your Snapchat messages.
- Open Snapchat and log into your account.
- Swipe right to get to the chat section.
- Open the chat you want to save.
- Long press the message and tap on Save in Chat option.
- Once the message is saved, it is highlighted in gray color and bold.
- Also, keep in mind that other person also knows that you have saved their message.