This is a complete guide on how to recover deleted Instagram messages in 2020.
In this all-new guide you’ll learn:
- Can you recover deleted Instagram messages?
- Best Instagram message recovery tool
- Complete guide to recover Instagram messages
- and lots more
So if you want to recover Instagram direct messages or restore Old/Deleted Instagram DMs, you’ll love this guide.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
We have all accidentally deleted something and then needed it. Unfortunately, sometimes this happens to our Instagram DMs.
Deleting important messages by mistake from Instagram can seem like a disaster if you know it is going to be a tough task to recover them.
Relax! Here I’m going to show you two simple methods to recover deleted Instagram messages easily!
As we all know, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms for sharing special moments through photos and videos with the world. But few Instagram users don’t know what Instagram Direct is.
Instagram Direct is a private messaging feature just like Facebook Messenger that allows users to send pain text messages, photos, videos, location, hashtags and share posts you see in Feed and Stories as a message.
Also, keep in mind that Instagram was never designed to provide a direct message service. That’s why Insta doesn’t allow users to backup messages or data.
Can You Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
Of course, you can! But what do you do if you find yourself mistakenly deleting some important direct messages from Instagram?
You might use Instagram direct message recovery tools or softwares, but keep in mind that this is not considered as a safe option to see deleted Instagram messages.
Below you can find the complete guide to recover deleted DMs on Instagram without using third-party tools.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
To recover your deleted Instagram messages, go to the Instagram message recovery tool and enter your username. Next, tap on the recover messages button and it will automatically restore to your account.
Method 2 (Highly Recommended – FREE):
If you delete a direct message from Instagram on your Android or iPhone, it will no longer available in your app but it’s still available on the server.
To recover those deleted Instagram messages and restore them to your Android or iPhone device you need to request your account data from Instagram.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Go to your Profile by clicking on the Profile icon at the bottom.
- Here tap on the Settings icon as shown in the below image.
- Select the Security and tap on the Download Data option inside the Data and History section.
- You can also go to the Instagram Data Download Page to request your Instagram data.
- Next, enter yout email id and click on the Request Download button.
- As soon as you request the data, Instagram will start creating a file of your account and within 48 hours you will receive an email that contains your data download link.
Download it on your smartphone and then follow the below steps to view deleted Instagram DMs.
How to View Deleted Instagram Messages
- First, download and install the Json Genie (Editor) app on your android device.
- Extract the downloaded Instagram data zip file.
- Launch the Json Genie (Editor) app, locate the Instagram data folder and select the messages.json file.
- That’s it, here you can see deleted Instagram messages of all time.
If you are using iPhone then you can use JSON Pro Free to see the JSON file. To see the JSON file on your PC you need to go to the Online JSON Viewer website.
Now you know that the possible ways to recover deleted Instagram messages on Android and iPhone devices.
We hope you like the above steps to retrieve deleted messages on Instagram. Which method do you use to see deleted Instagram DM? Let us know in the comment section below.
You Might Also Like: