It is always exciting to listen to a video from your Android or iPhone with the music of your choice running in its background.
Sometimes, you might wish to have the music of your choice to be played in your favorite camera recording of the beautiful places you have visited or any important celebration that you have attended.
In that case, you would love to know about the ways that help you to record the video along with the music of your choice playing as its background.
Let us discuss here these ways or methods as well as the apps that can help you do the same in your Android or iPhone.
Record Video While Playing Music
Recording videos without stopping the music on your phone can be effortlessly done using Instagram or Snapchat.
There are also a few more apps available in the App store to help you do the same. Before going to them, let us see how we can achieve this using Instagram/Snapchat.
First, you need to download these apps if you do not have them on your phone.
After installing them, first play the music that has to be attached as the background of the recording video and then you can open any one of them.
Press the “capture” button continuously as long as you record the video. The video will be recorded with the music played in the background. If you are not able to keep the button pressed for a long time in case the video is larger, then there is a way of recording it.
Without continuous pressing of the “capture” button, recording the video from Snapchat can be done only in iOS by utilizing the feature called “Assistive Touch”. The same method can be followed in Instagram also by removing your hand on the “capture” button.
Here’s the step by step procedure to record video while playing music on Snapchat.
- Select Settings and click on General.
- Under the General menu, click on Accessibility.
- Select the “Assistive Touch” option in the Accessibility
- Toggle the Assistive Touch & press on “Create New Gesture” on the same screen.
- Press on the screen and move your hand in either circular motion or in any other shape you like.
- This gesture can be given a name by clicking on the Save button in the top right corner of the page.
- Now, on the recording screen of the Snapchat, press on the Assistive Touch Select the “custom” option followed by the name of the new gesture video that you have created.
- Soon after you select the new gesture video name, a circular icon will appear on the screen. You hold, drag and drop it on the capture button at the bottom of the screen.
- Soon after you do the above step, the video starts recording on its own with the background music playing on your iPhone.
- The video will record until the time span of the gesture that you have created gets completed. If you want to record a longer video, it is necessary for you to create a longer gesture than the video time.
- After recording the video, click on the Save button available at the bottom of the screen.
A similar way can be used to record a video on Instagram. You can record your video from the Instagram story or you can upload and post the video of your own, which can be used to play your desired music as its background.
Video can be recorded by long-tapping on the “Capture” button. The video can be later added with the accessories like adding text, drawing or adding filters. Finally, the save button can be clicked to save the recording.
These recorded videos from Instagram/Snapchat will get stored in the Gallery or Camera list. These can also be shared in the Social media further.
So, Snapchat and Instagram are the applications that do not stop the music that is being played on your phone. In this way, you can use the trick of recording the videos with background music of your choice simultaneously played while the recording is done.
You can also use third-party apps to record videos while playing music on Android & iPhone devices.
It’s Play Time
We hope you like this simple trick to record video while playing music. Don’t forget to share with your friends to help them out as well.
Also, which method do you use to record video while playing music on your Android or iPhone device? Let us know in the comment section below.