Record Video While Playing Music: It is always exciting to record videos from your Android or iPhone device with the music of your choice running in its background.
But sometimes, you might wish to play music from Spotify while capturing the beautiful places you have visited or any important celebration that you have attended.
By default, on iOS and Android devices, whenever you try to playing music while recording a video, the music automatically stops playing.
But don’t worry anymore!
You would love to know that there is a way that will help you to record the video while playing the music of your choice in the background.
Here you can find complete guide on how to record video while playing music or how to play music while recording a video.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Record Video While Playing Music
To record video while playing music in the background can be effortlessly done using the “Mideo – Listen to Music while Recording Video” app. Just play music on your Android or iPhone device, open the Mideo app and start recording precious moments.
Let’s see it in more details.
- Install the “Mideo – Listen to Music while Recording Video” app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Play music from any source like Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.
- You can also pause the music if you want or keep it playing before start recording.
- Open the Mideo app and tap on the red big button to start recording.
- That’s it, you can now enjoy the music while recording the video.
The Mideo app also allows you to start, pause, resume or change the song using the Control Center feature.
If you are using iPhone, then download the app from here: Mideo: Record Video With Music.
Alternative Ways to Record Video While Playing Music
Open the Snapchat app and press the “capture” button continuously as long as you record the video. The video will be recorded with the music played in the background.
If you cannot keep the button pressed for a long time, then there is a way of recording it.
Without continuous pressing of the “capture” button, recording the video from Snapchat can be done only in iOS by utilizing the feature called “Assistive Touch”.
- Open the Settings of Snapchat, go to General > Accessibility and select the Assistive Touch.
- Toggle the Assistive Touch & press on Create New Gesture.
- Press on the screen and move your hand in either circular motion or in any other shape you like.
- This gesture can be given a name by clicking on the Save button.
- On the recording screen, press on the Assistive Touch, Select the “custom” option followed by the name of the new gesture video you have created.
- A circular icon will appear on the screen. You hold, drag and drop it on the capture button at the bottom.
- The video starts recording on its own with the background music playing on your device.
- The video will record until the time span of the gesture that you have created gets completed.
- If you want to record a longer video, you must create a more extended gesture than the video time.
- After recording the video, click on the Save button.
A similar way can be used to record a video on Instagram. You can record your video from the Instagram story or upload and post your video, which can be used to play your desired music as its background.
Video can be recorded by long-tapping on the “Capture” button. The video can be later added with the accessories like adding text, drawing, or adding filters. Finally, the save button can be clicked to save the recording.
These recorded videos from Instagram/Snapchat will get stored in the Gallery or Camera list. These can also be shared on Social media further.
So, Snapchat and Instagram are the applications that do not stop the music that is being played on your phone. In this way, you can use the trick of recording the videos with background music of your choice simultaneously played while the recording is done.
It’s Play Time
We hope you like this simple trick to record a video while playing music. Don’t forget to share with your friends to help them out as well.