It is always exciting to record video from your Android or iPhone device with the music of your choice running in its background. But sometimes, you might wish to play music from Spotify, SoundCloud, or YouTube while capturing the beautiful places you have visited or any important celebration that you have attended.
By default, on iOS and Android, whenever you try to record a video with music playing in the background, the system automatically stops playing music.
But don’t worry anymore!
You would love to know that we have created the Together – Record Video while Playing Music (For Android) & Together: Make Video wid Music (For iPhone) app that will help you to record the video while playing the music of your choice in the background.
Here you can also find alternative ways to play music while recording videos on Android and iPhone.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Record Video While Playing Music
Open the Together – Record Video While Playing Music app on your phone. Start playing the track you want to hear while recording from Spotify, YouTube, etc. You can pause the music or keep it playing. Start recording precious moments by a tap on the shutter icon.
Here’s how you can:
- Play the track you want to hear while recording.
- You can pause the music or keep it playing.
- Open the Together app.
- Start recording video by a tap on the shutter.
- After you’re done tap on stop.
It will save the recorded video on your phone under the Together folder. You can also start, pause and change the song using the Control Center.
If you are using iPhone, then download the app from here: Together: Make Video wid Music.
You can also watch below video to record video while playing music:
Alternative Way to Record Video While Playing Music
Open the Snapchat app and press the “capture” button continuously as long as you record the video. The video will be recorded with the music played in the background.
If you cannot keep the button pressed for a long time, then there is a way of recording it.
Without continuous pressing of the “capture” button, recording the video from Snapchat can be done only in iOS by utilizing the feature called “Assistive Touch”.
- Open the Settings of Snapchat, go to General > Accessibility, and select Assistive Touch.
- Toggle the Assistive Touch & press on Create New Gesture.
- Press on the screen and move your hand in either circular motion or in any other shape you like.
- This gesture can be given a name by clicking on the Save button.
- On the recording screen, press on the Assistive Touch, Select the “custom” option followed by the name of the new gesture video you have created.
- A circular icon will appear on the screen. You hold, drag and drop it on the capture button at the bottom.
- The video starts recording on its own with the background music playing on your device.
- The video will record until the time span of the gesture that you have created gets completed.
- If you want to record a longer video, you must create a more extended gesture than the video time.
- After recording the video, click on the Save button.