Whatsapp is an instant application that allows you to share thoughts and ideas with your loved ones. A free account is allowed to be created after downloading and installing the app. You can even create groups on Whatsapp for having a conversation with family, friends, and colleagues. Although, the most annoying thing that we don’t like about Whatsapp is people directly adding in the person without permission. Nowadays, many business groups are created that sell stuff in the online market, which is most disturbing.
Normally, leaving the Whatsapp group will notify the other members that you have left the group. However, there are many ways for you to leave the group quietly without anyone noticing.
How to Leave Whatsapp Group Without Notification
1. Change Your Phone Number
Changing the phone number is the easiest way to leave the Whatsapp group without notification. This method is old yet very old.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Whatsapp app.
- Tap on the three dots at the top.
- Select the Settings option.
- Tap on Account > Change Number.
- Enter your old and new phone number.
- Verify it, and the number will be changed.
- Leave the group and other members notified with the new number.
2. Change Name and Delete Profile Photo
When you are in a big group, you can leave Whatsapp without any notification. You also have no need to change your number.
Here’s how you can:
- Go to the options menu.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap again on the profile name.
- After this, change your profile name and delete your profile photo.
- Making the changes go to the group and quit normally.
3. Group Notification should be disabled
Disabling the notification is the best way when you want to leave the Whatsapp group so badly but don’t want anyone to know it. In this, no one should know that you left the thread and you will be free from negative stigma.
Follow these steps:
- Open Whatsapp and tap on the notification.
- Open the group notification.
- Turn off the notification button after that.
- Open Whatsapp and go to quit.
4. Third-Party Application
GroupXit is a third-party app that enables you to leave the group quietly. However, it has a weakness that only Android can use it. Hence, if you are an Ios user then just abort using this application.
Follow these steps to use this app:
- Download the app to operate it.
- Sign up for an account.
- Set the GroupXit as a wish to quit Whatsapp.
- You are now no longer a member of the group and don’t have to worry if someone is noticing you leaving the group.
5. Mute group notification
If changing a phone number is bothering you so much, you can always try muting the notification. It will not permanently leave the group but the notification won’t keep you bothering so much. The notification should be kept on silent for a day, week, or even a year.
Follow these steps:
- Open the group that you want to leave.
- Tap at the right corner at the top.
- Tap on silent notification.
- Choose the duration of silent group notification.
If you want to get rid of the annoying notification, choose the year option so that you can forget that you were even in that group.
6. Faking Phone number
One more option that doesn’t show your Whatsapp mates that you have left the group is by faking the phone number. You have to keep the old phone number but have to prepare a new number also. You have to keep the settings to change your number.
If you want to go with this option, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings menu in Whatsapp, three dots at the top.
- Tap on account selection.
- Choose the sub-menu change number.
- Now, enter the new number.
Your first step is completed. You can leave the group silently after this.
- Go to the settings menu on the phone.
- Tap on the menu application and choose Whatsapp.
- After this, clear cache and data.
- Now your account is gone but your name is still on the member list.
- Complete the process by opening the Whatsapp application and register with the old number.
Now you have successfully left the group. The weak point of this group is you need at least two numbers to successfully leave the group without notification. However, this is an effective method for those who can’t stand annoying groups.
7. Block Whatsapp group members
If you personally know everyone in the group and chat with them privately, you no longer need to be in the group. These steps will allow you to leave the group without any notification:
- Open Whatsapp.
- Click on the group you want to exit.
- You will get a drop-down list of group members.
- Go to the three dots on the top right corner.
- Click on more options.
- Try finding the block contact option.
- Clicking on the block, the desired person will get blocked.
- Repeat the same process for everyone else you want to block in the group.
- After blocking, try to leave the group so that no one can know you left the group.
If you are too much activity in the group it is harder to leave the group. This amazing trick helps you to leave any Whatsapp group. Don’t try to send the content too frequently and then quietly leave the group. The people won’t notice and think that you may have shared some random content as you are too active inside the group.