TikTok’s popularity has skyrocketed lately, and it isn’t hard to see why. With over 1 billion monthly active users, TikTok has gained a lot of attention from content creators and people around the world. There are times when we refresh the TikTok feed accidentally while watching a video and then boom! The video is gone and you have a new set of videos running on the page.
So, how do you locate the video you were watching? In simple words, how do you find the history of videos you have seen so far on TikTok?
Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t have any “Watch History” button that can show you the history of your watched videos.
Now, if you liked those videos, you can easily locate them in the “liked videos” section. But, what if you did not even complete watching the video and left it unliked? How could you find it again?
If it has ever happened to you, we can help!
By the end of this post, you will be able to get access to all your previously watched TikTok content easily.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is “Hidden View” Feature on TikTok?
If you have been using TikTok for quite a while, you must have noticed the “hidden view” feature that shows you the history of the videos you have watched from your account.
When you check this hidden view feature, you realized that you have already watched millions of videos on TikTok, that something sounds weird and shocking to you, even popular content creators are shocked after seeing the views count on their videos.
Sadly, these numbers displayed by the hidden view feature have nothing to do with the latest video you watched or your watch history on TikTok, this is only a cache.
Now the question arises What is cache?
In simple terms, Cache is temporary storage where applications store data, mainly to improve its speed and performance.
For example, when you watch something on TikTok, it will store the video data in the cache so that next time whenever you watch the same thing again, it can perform faster as data is already preloaded due to cache.
You can also clear this cache from the TikTok app, go to your profile, and tap on the three horizontal lines icon. Next, find a clear cache option, and here you will find a number written appended with symbol M.
But if you click on the clear cache option, then that means you are clearing the TikTok video watch history.
How to See History of Videos Watched on Tiktok
To see the history of videos watched on TikTok, tap on your profile icon located at the bottom. Next, click on the menu icon and tap on the Watch History. Here you can see the history of your watched videos of all time. Keep in mind that the Watch History feature is only available for the selected TikTok users.
You may also look for your viewing history by downloading your data from TikTok. This way is not 100% correct or guaranteed as we have not heard anything about it from the developer’s desk, and the data we have requested may or may not come back.
Alternative Way to See History of Videos Watched on Tiktok
As mentioned earlier, TikTok provides a Watch History feature only to selected users. So, the only way to find these videos is by requesting the data file from TikTok. It has all the information about the TikTok account you might need. Plus, it has a list of the videos you have watched on the platform.
So, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Navigate to your profile section.
- Select the three dots on the top right corner.
- Tap “Privacy” and select “personalization and data”.
- Select the “request data file”.
There you go! Once you have requested the data file, wait for 24 hours for TikTok to check and accept your request. You could also see the status of your request from the same tab.
If it shows pending, the company is processing your request. Once completed, the status will turn to “download”. Once it is available to download, here’s how you can download it to your mobile.
- Select the download option. You will get to the browser where you are asked to confirm that it is your account. Verification takes only a few seconds. Just enter your TikTok login credentials and you are good to go!
- You will receive a pop-up message that asks you for confirmation of whether you asked for a download. Tap “download”.
- The requested file will be downloaded to your system as a zip file.
- You can open it on your mobile, but if it doesn’t open on your Android, you could transfer the file to your computer through email and view it there.
- Open the file and search for “video browsing history”.
- Here you will find the details of all the videos you have watched on TikTok so far, along with the links.
- You can copy and paste the links of the target video on the browser to access it.
The steps for accessing TikTok history on an iPhone are the same as on Android.
As mentioned above, TikTok has an option that allows you to download your TikTok browsing history on Android and iPhone. Unfortunately, this option is not available on computers. So, your only option is to download the TikTok browsing history to your mobile and transfer the file to the PC.
Here’s what you have to do. Follow the above tips to request a detailed file containing information about your TikTok and download it to your mobile. Send the file to your computer and open the zip file to access the records.
How to See History of Liked & Favorite Videos on TikTok
- To like any video, you can double-tap the heart icon, you can view all your liked videos later by clicking the heart icon present in your profile section.
- To favorite any video, you can either long press on that video or click on the share icon and then “Add to Favorites”. You will find all your favorite videos by clicking on the “Bookmark” icon present in the profile section.
At the end of this article, I hope you will find this article helpful as I have already mentioned there is no official way to see your viewing history, but you can try the above methods so that you will be able to reach near to your goal.
You Might Also Like: