TikTok’s popularity has skyrocketed lately, and it isn’t hard to see why. With over 1 billion monthly active users, TikTok has gained a lot of attention from content creators and people around the world. There are times when we refresh the TikTok feed accidentally while watching a video and then boom! The video is gone and you have a new set of videos running on the page.
So, how do you locate the video you were watching? In simple words, how do you find a TikTok video you watched but didn’t like?
Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t have any “Watch History” feature that can show you the videos watch history.
If you liked those videos, you can easily locate them in the “liked videos” section. But what if you did not even complete watching the video and left it unliked? How could you find it again?
If it has ever happened to you, we can help!
In this post you will learn how to see watch history on TikTok and you can easily find TikTok videos you’ve watched.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is the “Hidden View” Feature on TikTok?
If you have been using TikTok for quite a while, you must have noticed the “hidden view” feature that shows you the history of the videos you have watched from your account.
When you check this hidden view feature, you realized that you have already watched millions of videos on TikTok, that something sounds weird and shocking to you, even popular content creators are shocked after seeing the views count on their videos.
Sadly, these numbers displayed by the hidden view feature have nothing to do with the latest video you watched or your watch history on TikTok, this is only a cache.
Now the question arises What is cache?
In simple terms, Cache is temporary storage where applications store data, mainly to improve its speed and performance.
For example, when you watch something on TikTok, it will store the video data in the cache so that next time whenever you watch the same thing again, it can perform faster as data is already preloaded due to cache.
You can also clear this cache from the TikTok app, go to your profile, and tap on the three horizontal lines icon. Next, find a clear cache option, and here you will find a number written appended with symbol M.
But if you click on the clear cache option, then that means you are clearing the TikTok video watch history.
How to See Watch History on TikTok (Find Videos You’ve Watched)
To see the history of videos watched on TikTok, tap on your profile icon located at the bottom. Next, click on the menu icon and tap on the Watch History. Here you can see the history of your watched videos of all time. Keep in mind that the Watch History feature is only available for the selected TikTok users.
You may also look for your viewing history by downloading your data from TikTok. This way is not 100% correct or guaranteed as we have not heard anything about it from the developer’s desk, and the data we have requested may or may not come back.
Alternative Way to See Watch History on TikTok
As mentioned earlier, TikTok provides a Watch History feature only to selected users. So, the only way to find these videos is by requesting the data file from TikTok. It has all the information about the TikTok account you might need. Plus, it has a list of the videos you have watched on the platform.
So, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Navigate to your profile section.
- Select the three dots on the top right corner.
- Tap “Privacy” and select “personalization and data”.
- Select the “request data file”.
There you go! Once you have requested the data file, wait for 24 hours for TikTok to check and accept your request. You could also see the status of your request from the same tab.
If it shows pending, the company is processing your request. Once completed, the status will turn to “download”. Once it is available to download, here’s how you can download it to your mobile.
- Select the download option. You will get to the browser where you are asked to confirm that it is your account. Verification takes only a few seconds. Just enter your TikTok login credentials and you are good to go!
- You will receive a pop-up message that asks you for confirmation of whether you asked for a download. Tap “download”.
- The requested file will be downloaded to your system as a zip file.
- You can open it on your mobile, but if it doesn’t open on your Android, you could transfer the file to your computer through email and view it there.
- Open the file and search for “video browsing history”.
- Here you will find the details of all the videos you have watched on TikTok so far, along with the links.
- You can copy and paste the links of the target video on the browser to access it.
The steps for accessing TikTok history on an iPhone are the same as on Android.
As mentioned above, TikTok has an option that allows you to download your TikTok browsing history on Android and iPhone. Unfortunately, this option is not available on computers. So, your only option is to download the TikTok browsing history to your mobile and transfer the file to the PC.
Here’s what you have to do. Follow the above tips to request a detailed file containing information about your TikTok and download it to your mobile. Send the file to your computer and open the zip file to access the records.
How to See Liked Videos on TikTok
The easiest way to locate a video or keep a record of all the videos you have watched is by liking them. By dropping a like for each video, you can easily find them in the “liked video” section. Now, this is where you can find a history of all the videos you watched and liked.
- Open TikTok and navigate to your profile
- Tap the “me” icon located at the right (just below your profile photo)
- Here you will find a list of the videos you have posted
- Find the heart and an eye button to locate the videos you have liked.
There you go! You will find all the videos you have liked on TikTok.
At the end of this article, I hope you will find this article helpful as I have already mentioned there is no official way to see your viewing history, but you can try the above methods so that you will be able to reach near to your goal.
You Might Also Like: