Facebook is one of the leading social networking apps for people who want to connect with their social friends. However, it can get a little annoying when the contacts of your certain friends or some strangers keep popping up on the messenger app. If you have been using this social networking app for a while, you must have noticed how it doesn’t let you remove the contacts.
There is no delete button available. These contacts must be the people you know or a good friend. Just because you know them doesn’t mean you want to be friends with them on Facebook. You could simply ignore the Facebook Suggestions, but if you have already accepted their friend request, you can block them. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to remove people from your friend’s list. You are going to have to block them to get rid of these friends.
- Open the Messenger app on your mobile and hit the “people” option at the bottom of the screen
- You will see a “contact” button next to the “+” sign
- Tap this button to view your entire Messenger contact list.
- Right next to each contact, there is the “info” option. Tap that button for the contacts you would like to remove.
- Click “Message” and then the “Info” button on the top
- As you scroll the screen down, you will find a “block” option. Tap this option and confirm. There you go! The contact will be deleted from your Messenger contact list.
Since Messenger doesn’t have any remove or delete options, blocking the contacts is the only way to remove them from your contact list. The only problem with this method is that you cannot send a request or become friends with this contact on Facebook until you unblock them. The person you have removed from your contact list cannot send you a message or see your profile.