Remove Contacts from Messenger: Facebook is the world’s leading social networking platform for people who want to connect with their social friends. However, it can get a little annoying when the contacts of your certain friends or some strangers keep popping up on the messenger app.
If you have been using Messenger for a while, you must have noticed that the app doesn’t let you remove the contacts and there is no delete button available.
These contacts are must be people you already know or a good friend on Facebook. Just because you know them doesn’t mean you want to be friends with them on Messenger.
You can easily ignore and remove the non-friends, suggestions, and someone on Messenger using the Remove option.
But if you have already accepted their friend request, you can only block them as there is no direct way to remove friends from the messenger. You are going to have to block them to get rid of these friends.
So if you want to remove contacts, non-friends, and phone’s auto-synced contacts then you will love this guide.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Remove Contacts from Messenger
- Open Messenger on your Android or iPhone device.
- Tap on the People option at the bottom.
- Click the Contact Icon next to the + Sign.
- Select Info Icon next to the contact you want to remove.
- Click the Message button to remove it from Messenger.
- Next, go to the Info button at the top right corner.
- As you scroll the screen down, you will find a “block” option. Tap this option and confirm.
- There you go! The contact will be deleted from your Messenger contact list.
Since Messenger doesn’t have any remove or delete options, blocking the contacts is the only way to remove friends from your contact list. The only problem with this method is that you cannot send a request or become friends with this contact on Facebook until you unblock them. The person you have removed from your contact list cannot send you a message or see your profile.
How to Delete Non-friend from Messenger
You must have seen the “upload contact” option on Facebook Messenger. Well, this button will sync all your mobile contacts with Facebook. Facebook will suggest your contact’s profile so that you can send each other a friend request and become friends on Facebook.
You could ignore the suggestion. But what if you want to remove the non-friend from the contact list? Well, if you too are tired of getting those annoying contact pop-ups on your messenger app, here we have compiled a list of some effective ways to remove those contacts easily.
Let’s see the steps for removing a known-friend from your Messenger contact list:
- Find the profiles of the friends you would like to delete by tapping the “people” icon at the bottom of the screen and then the “info” option right next to their profiles.
- Select “Remove Contact”
- Tap “Remove” once more to confirm
Remove Your Facebook Friends in Bulk
If you have been receiving a lot of messages from non-friends and your Facebook friends, then there is a way to remove them all in one click. Follow the above-listed steps to get to your Facebook contact list. Find the “Manage Contacts” option and tap the “Delete all contacts” button to get rid of all your Facebook contacts.
Avoid Contact Sync
While getting your mobile contacts synced on Facebook Messenger is the easiest way to find your friends on this social networking app, it can be annoying if you don’t want an active list of friends from your mobile contacts. By avoiding the automatic contact sync on Messenger, you can avoid message requests from your contacts. To block automatic syncing, here’s what you need to do:
- Find the ‘people’ icon from your profile picture on the Messenger app
- Select “upload contacts”
- Tap the “Turn off” button
This will stop the automated contact syncing right away.
Unfriend Your Messenger Friends
You could either block or Unfriend a contact on Messenger. You can no longer check the profile of a blocked person. So, if you decide to Unfriend them, follow the below-listed steps:
- Open the profile of the person you would like to Unfriend
- You will see the “friends” button right below the profile picture of the user
- Tap this icon and select the “Unfriend” button to remove them from your contact list
- Select the “Confirm” option
- They will no longer be able to see your profile and stories on Facebook
They can still send you a message or a friend request. However, they won’t be able to see your timeline and stories until you accept their friend request.
Remove a Friend from Facebook Group
Chatting with a bunch of friends on a Facebook group is always fun. But, what if you want to remove one of your friends from the group? Well, it is easy to remove people from the Messenger group.
- Select the group chat
- Select the profile of the user you would like to remove from the group
- Tap the “remove from group” button below the “block” option
There you go! The person will be removed from your group. Messenger will also send you a notification every time you remove a person from the group conversation.
Remove and Delete a User from your Messenger
Messenger has been updated recently. This means you can remove a person directly within the app. Select the people icon and tap a contact to get to the list of all your contacts. Select “Remove contact” to remove the person from your contact list.
Facebook has switched the delete option to block. There is no way you can delete a contact without getting the user blocked. If the user is from your contact, you can remove them. If you are already friends with a user on Messenger, then “Block” is the only option.