Managing official documents have always been hard work. The paper copies of the documents like mark sheets, educational certificates, Driving License, PAN Cards, Aadhar Card, Passports were subject to wear & tear and loss. To save official documents securely, the Government of India launched DigiLocker, a cloud service, in 2015.
For example, the Ministry of Roads and Transports considers the Driving License stored inside DigiLocker as a valid document.
But even for the documents which are not officially recognized, It has enabled citizens to be worry-free about their storage, maintenance, and availability.
If you are new to Digilocker and want to delete your account permanently, then you will love this guide.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
What Kind of Documents You Can Upload to DigiLocker?
There are basically two types of documents you can store in DigiLocker.
Some documents are directly issued by the respective authorities. For example, if you want to save your driving license, you need to fill in your necessary details. Then it will fetch the actual driving License from the database.
You can also upload other types of relevant documents. Let’s say you want to store your mark sheets. You can directly scan and upload these types of documents.
Advantages of DigiLocker
- Allows accessing a document from anywhere and anytime.
- It helps you keep copies of your documents safe.
- You can also share the documents online.
- Makes it easier to authenticate the documents by authorities as they are directly issued by respective authorities.
- It helps to claim government services and benefits faster.
- Saves paper and administrative costs.
How to Delete DigiLocker Account Permanently?
Method 1: Send Email to DigiLocker
To delete or deactivate your Digilocker account permanently, you need to send an email to [email protected] with a valid account deletion reason.
You can add the email subject line as DigiLocker Account Deletion Request or Request to Delete DigiLocker Account.
In the email body section, explain why you want to delete the account.
Hello DigiLocker Support Team,
I want to delete my DigiLocker account permanently due to personal reasons. Registered name is XXX and email address is [email protected]
Method 2: DigiLocker Support Center
- Open the DigiLocker website on your device.
- Scroll down to the end and tap on the Contact option.
- Here you will find Raise A Query button, tap on it.
- You will be redirected to the DigiLocker support center page.
- Here enter your registered name, email address and mobile number.
- In the Need Help box select Other Documents / Certificate > Other Issues and Others.
- Next, explain why you want to delete DigiLocker account and tap on the submit button.
- That’s it, within 48 hours your account will be deleted.
How to Delete Documents from DigiLocker?
- Log in to your DigiLocker account.
- Select the document you want to remove or delete.
- At the bottom, there is a delete option.
- Click on it to delete the document from the account.
For documents issued by authorities, you can not delete them from your account once pulled. They remain in your account forever. The Government might allow it in the future.
You Might Also Like: