Instagram comes loaded with a plethora of exciting features that makes this social media platform one of the most addictive places for people of all ages and backgrounds. Sometimes, we have a photo of a person, but we don’t really know their names or the usernames they use for an Instagram account.
So, the question is “is it really possible to find Instagram account by photo?”
If you have been using Instagram for a while, you must have seen the search bar where you could type the username of the target to find their profiles on Instagram. You could simply type their full names in the search bar and select the profile of the target from the list of options that show up after you hit search.
That’s one way to find the target user on Instagram. But, as mentioned above, you don’t always know the username the person has used on Instagram.
The good news is there is a trick to find a person by photo on Instagram.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to find someone on Instagram by photo.
How to Find Someone On Instagram by Photo
Before we discuss this in detail, note that these methods do not guarantee results. You may or may not find the profile of the target by uploading their photo.
However, they help narrow down your options to the most suitable profiles, bringing you one step closer to finding the target user.
1. Google Image Search (Find Instagram Account by Photo)
So, there is no direct feature on Instagram that lets you search for a profile through an image, but you could definitely try the reverse image search technique in the search engine.
All you have to do is upload the photo of the user in the search engine and hit search. The platform will display the list of similar images available on the web. The search engine will show you the relevant photos along with the sources.
Here’s how you can:
- First, make sure that the photo is saved on your phone or computer.
- Go to Google.com on your browser.
- Tap on the Images option available at the top of the screen.
- You will be redirected to the Google Images page. Click on the camera icon in the search bar.
- Find and upload the image of the user you’d like to find on Instagram.
- Click on the Enter button to start your search.
- You will be shown the relevant website links including the Instagram profile from around the web.
2. Bing Image Search (Find a Person by Photo on Instagram)
Bing also offers the same features as Google’s image search tool. Here, you can find any information about the target’s profile just by uploading their image or the URL of the photo.
Open Bing and upload the photo of the user by opening the camera long the search bar. It is one of the safest ways to perform a reverse image search, as all the photos on Bing are deleted automatically.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Bing Search Engine on your device.
- Tap on the Camera icon in the search bar.
- Select and upload the image from your device or enter the image URL.
- Here you will see the result in four different tabs such as All, Looks Like, Text, Pages With This Image, and Related Content.
- Just look for the Instagram link in the search result.
While the above options work well, you could try third-party tools if you are having a hard time performing a reverse image search on Bing and Google. Tineye is a popular reverse image search tool that uses its unique algorithm to match the uploaded image with the relevant photos from the web.
The technique is simple. Check out the website and upload the image available on your desktop. Hit search to find the relevant results. The tool will display a list of the images from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms. It uses the hashing algorithm to perform the reverse image search.