PhonePe, the Flipkart owned UPI (Unified Payments Interface) based payments app founded by Sameer Nigam, Rahul Chari, and Burzin Engineer in December 2015. It is a digital payment system that allows you to send and receive money directly from your linked bank account.
As this platform is based on UPI, the only thing you need is to have UPI based bank account and create a UPI ID. Your account details will be automatically retrieved from the bank registered mobile number over a secured network.
There are more than 40+ Indian banks that are live on the UPI platform such as State Bank of India, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, etc. If your bank is not live on the UPI platform, you can’t be allowed to add your account to the PhonePe app.
The best part of the app is you don’t need to load funds into your wallet to mobile recharge or bill payment because money will be directly debited from your linked bank account safely and securely.
PhonePe provides excellent features and services, but sometimes you don’t like the service they offer, or because of some specific issues, you may want to delete or deactivate the PhonePe account permanently.
Also, there are so many other reasons you might want to delete the PhonePe account permanently, such as you switched to another number or you have created another account.
Here you can find a complete guide on how to delete PhonePe account permanently in 2022.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Delete PhonePe Account Permanently
1. Delete PhonePe Account from App
- Open PhonePe and tap on the Question icon.
- Select My Account and KYC, then PhonePe Account Details.
- Next, select Delete My PhonePe Account.
- Select the reason and tap Delete/Deactivate button.
- The customer care support team will contact you within 2-3 working days to confirm your request and your account will be deactivated.
Video Guide: How to Delete PhonePe Account Permanently
2. Delete PhonePe from Official Website
Alternatively, you can also request the PhonePe support team through an Email to delete your account permanently. As the team actively responds to all the emails, you can be sure that they will reach out soon. Within 2-3 days, the support team will respond to your mail with the resolution.
- Log on to the official website of PhonePe India’s Payments App official website.
- Scroll down and tap on the Contact Us button.
- There are different ways to contact support team such as call and email.
- Select your preferred method to contact the support team and type a message.
- That’s it, your request will proceed within the next 24 hours.
With this, we have come to the end of our blog. Today we had a fair deal of discussion on how PhonePe works. We discussed how to create your account on PhonePe. When permanently deleting your PhonePe account, you can do it through some methods. Firstly you can use the PhonePe app.
In the second method, you can reach out to the support team of PhonePe through an Email, requesting them to delete your account. If you want fast results, simply make a call on 0124-6789-345 and request them to delete your account permanently.
We hope that this blog has helped you to gain some insights. If you have any queries, reach out to us in the comments section below.