Delete Whatsapp Contact Not in Address Book: Most of us have contacts saved on our phones that we barely talk to. Nobody has time to message everyone on Whatsapp and keep the conversation going. From the carpenter who visited you a few months ago to a friend you met a few years back but are no longer in touch with them, there are dozens of contacts that you might not have talked to.
Some people do not block these contacts, as they think blocking someone on Whatsapp will make them antisocial. Contrary to popular belief, removing someone from your Whatsapp does not make you antisocial. It is a smart way to filter your Whatsapp contacts and keep only those you are friends with.
At times, we save the number of people we don’t really want to keep on our Whatsapp. For example, if you had saved the number of a delivery boy on your contact and they also have your number saved, there is a good chance they will be able to see your profile and status on Whatsapp, i.e. if they are using Whatsapp.
Changing your privacy setting is not a suitable choice, as it might affect everyone on your contact list.
So, your best option is to delete the contact of this user.
That way they will no longer be able to check your Whatsapp profile and statuses. You could also block them on Whatsapp, but they might realize it if they ever send you a text.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to delete someone from the Whatsapp contact list but not from phone.
Can You Remove Contact from Whatsapp But Not from Phone?
Unfortunately, you can’t remove contact from Whatsapp but not from phone. Deleting the contact number of the target from your phone will automatically delete their number from your Whatsapp. If you have kept your privacy settings (Last Seen, Profile Photo, About, and Status) to “my contacts” only, the target will not be able to view your profile and status once their number is deleted.
How to Delete Someone from Whatsapp Contact List But Not from Phone [Alternatives]
1. Delete Contact from Whatsapp Chat
- Open the Whatsapp app on your phone.
- Find the contact you want to remove without deleting from the phone contacts list.
- Long press on the contact and tap on the delete icon.
- You can also check the “Delete media in this chat” and tap on Delete.
- That’s it, contact was successfully deleted from Whatsapp without deleting from the phone’s contact list.
2. Block Them on Whatsapp
Blocking the contact is not necessary until the target causes any form of inconvenience. For example, if the person is harassing you on Whatsapp or sending texts repeatedly, you could block their contacts from Whatsapp permanently so that they will no longer be able to contact you. Once you have blocked the user, the person cannot view your profile or check your status any longer. Here’s how you can block a user on Whatsapp:
- Open Whatsapp and tap the contact you’d like to delete.
- Tap the three dots on the right side of the screen, select more and then block.
- Select block and the user will be blocked.
- You can unblock the user anytime you want from the block list. This is one of the easiest ways to delete someone’s account on Whatsapp.
How to Remove Contact from Whatsapp
- Open the Contacts app on your phone.
- Find the contact you would like to delete from Whatsapp.
- Tap their name and click on the three verticle dot icon.
- Click on the Delete Contact button. Hit “Confirm”.
- There you go! The contact will be removed from your Whatsapp contact list as well as the phone contacts app.
What if the Deleted Contact Still Appears on Whatsapp?
There is a chance the contact you have deleted from your address book still appears on Whatsapp. You can refresh your contacts from the settings tab on Whatsapp to reload contacts. The contact will no longer appear on your Whatsapp.
Does the Person Know that You Have Deleted Their Contact?
Yes, the person will know that you have deleted their contact when they will no longer be able to view your profile and statuses. This happens when you have allowed only your contacts to check your profile.
Remember that they can still send you messages and you will receive the texts. The only difference is that you will no longer get these messages with their names. The user will get suspicious when your profile photo, status, and other information aren’t visible to them.
Now, if you have blocked the user, not only will your profile be hidden from them, but they cannot text you. Sure, they can send a text, but it shows only one tick. That means you will never receive a message from a blocked user. Sooner or later, they will figure out that you have blocked their contact.
There you go! Sometimes, deleting the number from Whatsapp seems like the best solution to get rid of certain people. If you are getting threats and other harassing texts from a person, you could remove them from your Whatsapp by deleting their number from your mobile. Hope these tips helped!