Delete Someone from WhatsApp Contact List: You may want to remove the contact and break ties with them through the WhatsApp application for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you’ve come across an unknown contact, someone who seems to be sending you spam messages, or even a friend from whom you need to maintain a distance.
As we all know, when you add a contact to your account, it appears in your WhatsApp contacts list as well. Assume you’ve saved the phone number of your neighborhood delivery guy. If the delivery boy has also saved your phone number, he will have access to your profile photo, last seen, about, and other details.
You can adjust the privacy settings at any time, but this will affect everyone on your contact list. So, how do you go about it? How do you keep your profile image, about, last seen, and other personal information hidden from other profiles? The only thing you can do is delete the WhatsApp contact.
How to Delete Someone from WhatsApp Contact List
There is no username system in WhatsApp. The numbers stored in your phone’s contacts/address book are connected to the WhatsApp contacts. Within WhatsApp, there is no native choice for deleting or unfriending contacts. To delete the WhatsApp contact, go to your phone’s contact list and delete the contact number.
Many people believe that deleting a WhatsApp contact is the same as deleting their phone number from their phone book, but this is not true. This will not fix your problems because this individual will always be able to see your online behavior. They can still contact you, check your status, can send you messages, and view your profile details.
Blocking a user is the only way to effectively and absolutely delete all interaction you have on WhatsApp. By doing so, you are preventing them from sending you messages, viewing your online status, or accessing any information (including your photo) from your profile. First of all, we will discuss how to delete someone from the contact list. The steps are mentioned below.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the contact’s chat thread that you want to delete.
- At the top, tap on the contact’s name.
- You’ll be taken to the individual’s profile page. Pick View in the address book from the menu by tapping the three-dot icon at the top.
- The contact information will be shown. Select Delete from the menu by pressing the three-dot button at the top of contact details.
- You’ll get a pop-up asking if you want to confirm the deletion. Select Delete.
Alternatively, open your Android or iPhone’s address book or contacts app, locate the contact you want to delete, tap on it, then tap on edit contact. You’ll see a list of options after tapping on edit contact; pick delete the contact and delete it from there. The person will be deleted from your WhatsApp contact list automatically. If it’s still noticeable, restart your phone or switch off your phone and switch on again you will not find deleted contact in WhatsApp. Still, if you find that contact then from the menu, tap the three-dot icon and select Refresh. Look for the deleted contact after that. It’s hoped that it won’t appear in WhatsApp.
Deleting contacts will not remove their old chat thread from WhatsApp. If you still see the chat, you’ll have to manually delete it. Tap and hold the message thread in the chat list on Android to do so. Then, at the right, press the delete button. Swipe left on the chat thread on your iPhone and press More. Then press the Delete chat button.
How to Delete Blocked Contacts on Whatsapp
If you were hoping that blocked contacts would have special rights, you’ll be disappointed to learn that they, too, lack a separate delete button. To remove the blocked communication from WhatsApp, you must delete it from your phone book as though it were a daily contact. Steps to block the contact on Whatsapp.
Users of iPhones
- Open the app and go to the “Settings” section.
- Select “Account,” then “Privacy,” and then “Blocked.”
- Select “Add New” and then choose the contact you wish to delete or block from the drop-down menu.
Users of Android
- To navigate the menu, select the three dots in the top right corner of the screen from inside the program.
- Choose “Settings,” “Account,” “Privacy,” and finally “Blocked Contacts” from this menu.
- Select “Add New” and then “Delete Permanently” from the drop-down menu.