Some of the most asked questions that we keep receiving on a day-to-day basis are ways by which one can recover their old or deleted WeChat Messages. People find themselves very confused and are asking for help constantly. In the past recent weeks, we noticed that the number of readers that write to us on this issue had been growing. Users of WeChat had been asking if there was some way of getting the old or deleted history of WeChat.
The answer to this can be a bit frustrating, as the part that involves conversation from your side can be retrieved well from the history data from the application. Who will be the lucky person to get all of the WeChat data?
Well, virtually the conversations get stored over the WeChat cloud and not on your phone memory or another SD card. And WeChat doesn’t have any function like recycle bin that might store the data for some time before it gets permanently deleted. By this, we mean, that if there is no backup there is a high possibility that the data has gone forever.
However, when one used WeChat over an iPad or iPhone there is a slight hope that one will be able to get the deleted WeChat data in the form of messages, images, video files, and even audio.
Similar to WhatsApp, the data recovery for WeChat also had appeared as more users demanded the feature. The data recovery software for WeChat is critical software that you need to have for making sure your chat history can be retrieved whenever one needs it.
For iPhone and Android users one can also select varied recovery tools if you need to undo the deleted messages on WeChat as well. Here we shall take a look at some of the useful ways by which you can get the messages that you deleted on the application!
Keep reading to explore different methods for finding the solution suitable to you!
How to Recover Old and Deleted WeChat Messages
1. Retrieve Deleted Messages Locally for WeChat with Dr.Fone
If you are in search of a solution with just one click. Dr.fone can be one of the best solutions to go for. It is perfect for iPhone users and has been around for a decade now and has managed to gain a reputation with quality services for its users. You can get the deleted files and messages in a simple process. Keep in mind that this method is going to work only if you had already made your backup with the tool over PC. Here is a step by step guide to get all of your deleted messages:
- Connect the iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now launch the Dr.Fone tool on your computer.
- Select the option of WhatsApp transfer choice from the home screen and now select WeChat.
- Click on Restore and then click over the specific backup file present in your list.
- You will be able to see all of the backup files and messages for WeChat. You have to now select the one that you needed and tap on ‘Export to PC’. This will get the WeChat history on PC. Alternatively, you can also try and tap on ‘restore on Device’. This will get all of the deleted messages on your iPhone.
And thus, you are now able to get all of the deleted messages in just a few steps in this way. Keep in mind that there is no need for disconnecting with the PC or there is a probability of retrieval getting interrupted and you might need to carry out the entire process again from the beginning.
2. Get Deleted Messages of Wechat by using iCloud
If you were able to make a backup with iCloud, then you can easily get all of the deleted Wechat message histories. But remember that restore for iCloud needs you to first delete all of the data from the iPhone and this is why we don’t prefer this method much. Deleting all of the data files just to get back the one from a single application can be too time-consuming. Here are the steps to follow if you still want to go ahead with this method:
- As you have made the backup already, just log in to the iCloud account.
- Now select messages or chat history that you need to restore, and click on the ‘restore’ option.
- Wait for some time now, while the process of recovery gets completed.
Alternatively, you can also go ahead and carry this process out on your iPhone too. When you are erasing all of the content you are going to be directed on the setup screen. In setup, where you see Data and App screen appearing, select the option for Restore through iCloud. Now you will get the entire data that was backed up while the last scheduled backup over the phone.
3. Get Deleted WeChat Messages with iTunes
In case you had to backup the data by using iTunes, you can also get all of the deleted messages and chat history on your device. iTunes will also require you to delete the data first. Here are the steps that you have to follow:
- Initiate iTunes on your PC and then connect the iOS device with it. There can be a need for pairing the device through iTunes.
- Choose the option of iPhone that comes on the screen and then choose the option for restore backup.
- One can also try and select the data that is relevant and also preview the message history that you need.
- Click on the option of ‘restore’ and wait for some time till the device can restore the deleted message and also the history on the iPhone.
Keep in mind that both of these messages are effective ways for restoring data, but we recommend them only in a situation where you had lost all of the phone data and not just with one application.
So, it will be better to go for the first method of using another app to get deleted messages from WeChat.