Recover Deleted Messages in Twitter: Getting your Twitter messages deleted accidentally can be a real bummer. It can happen to and does happen to the best of us. We have all found ourselves in such situations where we accidentally deleted DMs only to later curse at the screen and ourselves too.
It could after all be a precious chat that you wanted to preserve, a compliment from someone, some vital documents/photos/videos in a conversation, or just a friendly reminder of old times.
But what do you do if you accidentally delete Twitter messages?
Well, Twitter does come with an archive feature to see deleted Twitter messages and chats in the form of archives where you need to request a download of your deleted messages.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to recover deleted Twitter DMs.
Can You See Deleted Messages on Twitter?
Yes, you can recover and see deleted messages on Twitter with the help of “Download an Archive of Your Data” feature. You can also retrieve Twitter messages that are deleted from both sides and deactivated accounts too using Twitter Message Recovery by iStaunch. You just need to know how to get there, and it becomes effortless after that.
Twitter Message Recovery by iStaunch
To recover deleted Twitter messages, go to the Twitter Message Recovery by iStaunch. Next, enter your username and tap on the recover messages button. That’s it, tool will automatically restore deleted DMs to your Twitter account.
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Twitter (Recover Deleted Twitter DMs)
Method 1: See Deleted Messages on Twitter via Archive Feature
- Open Twitter on your Android or iPhone device and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- At the left panel, click on the More option.
- It will open a pop-up menu with many options, select Settings and Privacy.
- To get a file of deleted messages, tap on the “Download an archive of your data” OR directly open the Twitter Archive Download page.
- Next, enter your password and click on the Confirm button to verify your request.
- Click on the “Request Archive” button, and Twitter will start preparing an archive of your account.
- Once the archive is ready, you will receive mail with a download link. It may take up to 2-3 days depending on the size.
- Open the email from Twitter, tap on the Download link, and it will take you to the Settings and Privacy page to save it as a .zip file.
- Now extract that downloaded .zip file using WinZip or 7Zip, and you will get a new folder called twitter.
- Open Your archive.html file from the extracted folder.
- That’s it, next tap on the Direct Messages option from the left side to view and recover deleted Twitter DMs.
Method 2: Take a Backup
No matter what method you use to find deleted Twitter messages, it is always tedious and time-consuming. So, to be on the safe side, it is always good to create a backup. You can copy-paste the message text and the conversations and save them in a backup folder on your device.
This clean practice will ensure that you never lose your messages even if you accidentally end up deleting them from your Twitter account. You can always refer to this backup to recover your data.