Instagram is one of the most hyped social media platforms in this era, especially among teens and young adults. As of 2021, Instagram has already overtaken all other major social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, etc and asserted its dominance as the most widely used social media platform.
Recent statistics show that in 2021, Instagram has an active user base of over 4.4 billion users and has generated a gross profit of around $24 billion!
The sole reason behind the immense success of Instagram is its highly creative and unique features such as filters, interactive stories, polls, and much more! Currently, the largest crowd-magnet feature on Instagram includes reels and IGTV videos wherein people can collaborate and create mesmerizing content pieces together. Every day, over 6 million reels are created and shared on Instagram.
Many a time, we end up deleting a reel video by accident or due to technical issues. The question here is: Is there a way to recover the deleted Instagram reels video?
To know the answer to this burning question, you’ve got to read on until the end of this article because we are here to answer all your queries! So hang tight and read on!
How Does The “Recently Deleted” Feature Work on Instagram?
It’s really a bummer when you lose your reel videos. It takes more than one retake to create a perfectly trendy reel on Instagram. Losing that must feel like a nightmare!
After plenty of feedback sessions by tons of agitated youth who lost their precious reel content either to foolish haste, a mistake, or even to hackers, Instagram finally decided to listen to their pleas!
The updated version of Instagram has now brought the “recently deleted” feature, a dynamic feature that will help you retrieve any lost content in an efficient and easy manner. Until now, an unsaved Instagram reel content once lost could not be retrieved in any possible manner. However, with this latest feature in sight, you don’t have to fret over lost content pieces. This is definitely a piece of massive news for Instagram influencers whose reel contents are extremely vital for their business and collaborations.
Now, coming to the main part, how can you use the “recently deleted” feature on Instagram? Fret not, we are here to provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on the following!
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Reels Videos
Now that you’re completely aware of what the Recently Deleted feature is all about, let’s roll into a comprehensive guide on how to recover deleted Instagram videos on Instagram!
- Once you’ve deleted something from your Instagram feed, be it a photo, a video, an IGTV, or a reel, they get immediately stored in the “recently deleted” section of Instagram.
- These posts will be available in the recently deleted section for 30 days, following which they will be automatically deleted!
- In order to access the recently deleted section, open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three bar-shaped icon on the top right corner of the screen and click on “settings”.
- From the settings menu, click on Account.
- Finally, select the “Recently Deleted” section. Once you’ve done that you can see all the content that has been deleted from your account within the last 30 days.
- Click on the reel content that you want to retrieve, go to the triple-dot on the bottom of the post, and click on the restore option.
There you have it! You’ve successfully restored the Instagram picture of your choice.