Instagram is one of the most hyped social media platforms in this era, especially among teens and young adults. As of 2022, Instagram has already overtaken all other major social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, etc and asserted its dominance as the most widely used social media platform.
The sole reason behind the immense success of Instagram is its highly creative and unique features such as filters, interactive stories, polls, and much more!
Currently, the largest crowd-magnet feature on Instagram includes reels and IGTV videos wherein people can collaborate and create mesmerizing content pieces together.
Every day, over 6 million reels are created and shared on Instagram.
But many a time, we end up deleting a reel video by accident or due to technical issues.
It’s really a bummer when you lose your reel videos. Creating a perfectly trendy reel on Instagram takes more than one retake. Losing that must feel like a nightmare!
The question here is: Is there a way to recover deleted reels in Instagram?
To know the answer to this burning question, you’ve got to read on until the end of this article because we are here to answer all your queries!
So hang tight and read on!
Can You Find Deleted Reels on Instagram?
The updated version of Instagram has now brought the “recently deleted” feature, a dynamic feature that will help you recover any deleted photos, videos, and reels in an efficient and easy manner.
Until now, unsaved Instagram reel video once lost could not be retrieved in any possible manner. However, with this latest feature in sight, you don’t have to fret over lost content pieces.
Now, coming to the main part, how can you use the “recently deleted” feature on Instagram? Fret not, we are here to provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on the following!
How to Recover Deleted Reels in Instagram
Now that you’re completely aware of what the Recently Deleted feature is all about. Let’s roll into a comprehensive guide on how to recover deleted Instagram videos on Instagram!
- Once you’ve deleted something from your Instagram feed, be it a photo, a video, an IGTV, or a reel, they get immediately stored in the “recently deleted” section of Instagram.
- These posts will be available in the recently deleted section for 30 days, following which they will be automatically deleted!
- In order to access the recently deleted section, open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three bar-shaped icon on the top right corner of the screen and click on “settings”.
- From the settings menu, click on Account.
- Finally, select the “Recently Deleted” section. Once you’ve done that you can see all the content that has been deleted from your account within the last 30 days.
- Click on the reel content that you want to retrieve, go to the triple-dot on the bottom of the post, and click on the restore option.
There you have it! You’ve successfully restored the Instagram reels of your choice.
Alternative Way to Restore Deleted Reels on Instagram?
What if you cannot avail the “recently deleted” feature due to some reason? Maybe you haven’t updated your Instagram app in a while or maybe it’s been over 30 days and you lost your one true chance to retrieve your favorite reel. What can be done now?
Don’t fret! There are a few alternative methods on how you can recover your deleted Instagram reel content, even without the help of the “Recently Deleted” feature!
What ways are we talking about? Let’s find out!
1. Recover Reel Videos From Phone’s Album
If you can no longer avail the recently deleted feature you’re desperately looking for an alternative method to retrieve your lost reel video, let me remind you of one of the simplest and most forgotten ideas!
Your phone’s gallery!
Do you know that every time you upload something on Instagram, be it a photo, video, IGTV, or reel, it immediately gets stored in your phone’s gallery under a folder named “Instagram”?
Now that you know, it’s easy henceforth, isn’t it? If you’re looking to retrieve your favorite reel video, head over to your phone’s gallery, open the Instagram folder, scroll down until you find the reel video that you’re looking for!
Viola! Retrieving reel videos just got easier and handier through this process.
If you have recently cleaned your phone due to insufficient space, there is still a way to retrieve the reel video that you might have recently deleted from your phone’s gallery! Most phones these days have a “recently deleted” folder that is quite similar to Instagram’s feature. If you have this feature on your phone, you can easily avail this to retrieve lost content that has recently been deleted!
To do this, here’s a step-by-step procedure that you can follow!
- Open your phone and go to your gallery.
- Click on the “Albums” section and scroll down.
- You’ll come across the recently deleted section. All the photos and videos that have recently been deleted from your phone (within the past 30 days or so) are stored here.
- Select the reel video that you want to retrieve and click on the “restore” option!
That’s it! The reel video that was previously deleted from your phone’s gallery has now been restored!
2. Recover Videos From iCloud Or Google Photos
Another new and innovative approach that can be taken towards retrieving deleted Instagram reel videos is through iCloud or Google photos, depending on if you’re an Apple or an Android user.
If you have your phone connected to an internet source, whatever you upload on social media sites like Instagram or Facebook gets automatically updated to your iCloud or Google photos account.
In case you’re looking to retrieve lost reel content and you’re unable to find it in your gallery, go ahead and scan your iCloud or google photos. Chances are that you’ll find your precious content hidden away in a corner over there.