Instagram is one of the leading social media applications. It has millions of users, an abundance of data, and an even higher number of features available that set this application apart from the rest of the apps that are available. Ever since Facebook, Instagram and What’s app have been seamlessly contrived, their features more or less complement each other and hence make the experience of using these applications very compelling.
Social media presence has become really huge over the users. It is like a one-stop destination know about a person. Knowing my or unknowingly, we actually end up putting a major chunk of our lives out there on social media, making it readily available for public use and consumption. Although, social media applications are undertaking categorical efforts to bring about major security and safety settings but the extent of data dissipation and consumption can not be quantified.
Nevertheless, social media is and continues to be a big part of our lives and the popularity of Instagram is no exception to the rule.
We all have been in a situation where we have been tempted to look for someone on social media platforms like Instagram. But the problem arises when that person is not following us and neither are we following them. It’s practically impossible to locate an ID or a person from millions of users but if you know the right way, then you might be in luck.
How to Find Someone on Instagram Without Username
1. Find By Tags, People and Place
The first and the most plausible option available to you would be to type the name of the person you wish to locate in the search bar. You can also use various filters with the search bar in order to narrow down the search you have u undertaken. Let us try to understand the significance of these search filters
Tags/hashtags: The main aim here is to search the people on basis of the hashtags. If we use a certain hashtag in our Instagram post then it gets recorded. If somebody uses that hashtag to search for our profile or our post then they can easily do so.
People: When you enable this filter then you can search for the people as in the account names that come up in accordance with what you have typed in the search bar.
Place: Another important search filter is when you can narrow down your searches depending upon the location. You can filter out the searches in accordance with your surrounding areas or the areas of your choice.
2. Looking for People Through Facebook
We all know that Facebook and Instagram are contrived. Hence, their features and functionalities can be easily amalgamated for a more wholesome social media experience. If you wish to search for someone and expand the horizon of your search my mixing it with your Facebook then there is a very easy way to do it.
- Open your Instagram account.
- In the top right section, click on the three vertical lines.
- Go to an option called ‘Discover people’.
- After that select the ‘Connect to facebook’ option.
- Select the ‘continue’ option to authorize Instagram’s access by Facebook.
- You can then select the number of friends you wish to follow or even follow all your Facebook friends. The choice is yours.
3. Sync Phone Contacts with Instagram
If you wish to further enhance the ambit of your Instagram search or friend list, then you can even amalgamate your phone contacts with your Instagram.
- Open your Instagram application.
- Click on your picture icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the top left corner, click on the three vertical lines.
- Select ‘Discover people’.
- After allowing access, click on ‘Contacts’.
- Next, click on ‘Connect contacts’.
- Press the option ‘Continue’ to allow syncing your contacts.
- Next, you will see a list of profiles of your contacts who are on Instagram.
4. Email Address
Although there is no direct way for you to search for a contact on IG by entering their email address but that doesn’t mean that there is absolutely no way around it. You can use a person’s email address to look them up on Facebook and subsequently add them there. After adding them you can sync their contact with Instagram by following the procedure mentioned above.
There are various third-party applications available too that enable you to look for a person through their email address.
5. Suggested friends
- Open Instagram application.
- Go to your profile.
- Click on the three vertical lines on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Discover people’.
- After that select ‘Suggested’.
- You will be shown a list from which you can select the number of people you wish to follow or follow them all.
6. People followed by your Friends
You can also see the number of people your friends are following on Instagram. By going to their profile you can check the people or hashtags they are following. From that, you can choose the people or hashtags you wish to follow.
7. Google them
The best way to look for a person is by googling them. It is the one-stop destination to look for anybody on the basis of their name, number, email address, etc.
8. Simply ask!
The most obvious and easiest thing you can do in order to follow someone or locate someone on Instagram is by directly asking them. At times people are discreet and wish to conceal their identities from being displayed and hence you might not be able to directly locate them. Consequently, you can ask a person and simply add or follow them.
Why can I not find someone on Instagram
There are a variety of reasons due to which you might not be able to look for someone on Instagram
- That person’s account might be deactivated or banned.
- He/she might have blocked you.
- You might have not typed the name of the person correctly.
- Instagram might be undergoing a bug so you should try again later.
- At times, Instagram can also shadow ban certain posts die to a variety of reasons and hence the posts by that hashtag might become inaccessible.
There are a lot of features available on Instagram that might help you in looking for people on this social media application. The process is pretty simple and can be used by all the users to connect to their family and friends in the most optimum way.