Letter to Close Bank Account: A bank account closure letter is a formal way of requesting for closing your bank account permanently and transfer money to other accounts if available.
Most of the banks allow their customer to permanently close their bank account through online net banking and fill bank account closure form as long as the account is in good standing.
But closing an account by sending a letter to the bank manager is the best way to get the job done.
Basically, an account closing letter is written by an account holder to the branch manager. Also, keep in mind that there are some rules you need to follow to write the perfect bank account closure letter.
You can write this application in different languages such as English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, etc.
Here you can find a complete guide on how to write a letter to the bank manager to close the bank account and transfer funds if available. That doesn’t matter whether you have personal, savings, or business account.
Here you can also find a sample letter to close your bank account so that you can edit it according to your requirements.
Sounds Good! Let’s dive right in…
Why do you need to Close Bank Account?
When we open a new bank account, that doesn’t matter whether it’s Savings, Business, or Salary account, it is usually for a lifetime.
But sometimes the situations arise in which you have to close it permanently.
Here you can find the possible reasons in which a person may want to close their account:
- The unreliable net banking system, rude staff or don’t trust the service enough
- A person who has recently shifted to another state or shifting out of the country
- A person needs to cash all the money from a non-zero balance account
- Students may want to close it after completing their study
Whatever reason may be, when you decide to close an account, there are certain things that you need to take care of and don’t get hit with any overdraft charges, penalty or other issues.
1. Open a new account: You need to open a new account first, so you don’t miss any payments or deposits.
2. Update automatic & recurring payments: Before you proceed, you need to remove or update automatic and recurring payments such as student loan payment, home loan payment, television streaming service and more.
3. Transfer funds to a new account: After you update the payments and deposits, you can switch your funds to a new account through online net banking.
What to Include in Bank Account Closure Letter?
There are some important points you must include in your application are:
- The subject of the application
- Request for the closing of an account
- The reason if you want to add
- Closing remarks
Sample Letters to Close Bank Account
22, Street Park Road,
Mobile no: 12345-67890
The Branch Manager
City Indian Bank,
52, Nicholas Street,
Date: 10 February 2021
Subject: Closure of Business/Savings Bank Account No: 14726353428
I, Mr. Riyan Patel having a savings account with City Indian Bank whose account number is 14726353428, residing at 52, Nicholas Street, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
I’m writing this letter because I want to close my account as I’m not in a position to operate the same due to unavoidable circumstances.
All the bank related documents like ATM card, checkbook, passbook, and credit card (whatever applicable) are returned herewith. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or call me on 12345-67890.
I’d Like to Hear From You
I hope guys you enjoyed this ultimate guide to writing a letter to close a bank account in 2021. If you have any questions then let us know in the comment section below.