A .edu email is an email address provided to the students and the staff members by an institution, school, or college. The students who get admission to the USA colleges or universities generally are given this type of email.
But what if you are not a student of any university/college or your educational institution doesn’t provide it and still looking for a free .edu email.
In this guide, you’ll learn a complete guide on creating .edu email for free even if you are not a student.
In fact, These are the same strategies you can use to generate edu emails for free.
Why Create a .edu Email Address
Many companies provide free services and offer on the EDU emails to benefit the college and school students. As educational institutions or universities give these email addresses, students get various offers and services for free.
Here are the top 5 companies that provide free offers on .edu email:
Autodesk provided a high number of free software licenses for the students, which is very beneficial for them. Using your edu email address register on their website and download the licenses and software for free.
You can sign in on Autodesk’s official website, and from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side, you need to choose ‘Education Community’.
You will be asked to fill in certain details on the next page like Country, DOB, Education Status, etc. To complete your registration process, you need to fill in your credentials, your College/University, etc. After this, you will get a confirmation mail from Autodesk, and you can download the free software.
2. Google G Suite for Education
With the privilege of getting 5 TB data storage, the students can sign up for the G Suite Education Account through Google.
This is an amazing benefit enjoyed by the students having an EDU email account, which helps them store an abundance of ebooks, videos, images, and many more items without having to worry about the storage space.
3. Microsoft Office and Azure
Microsoft offers the students and teachers various free software, including Office 365, for the EDU account holders. A student can get an azure student account with $100 free credit.
4. Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime gives 6 months free prime trial period to college students. Various special deals and discounts are also provided.
5. Github Student Developer Pack
You can also request the Github Student Developer Pack and get up to $1000 free stuff with this pack. Github provides various other benefits for the students which they experience with the EDU email account.
How to Create .edu Email for Free
Method 1: Create Free Edu Email on OpenCCC
- Go to Openccc for the free edu email address.
- Tap on Begin Creating edu Email account.
- If you are a USA citizen then fill in your details correctly.
- If not then you can fill in random details or use the Fake Address Generator to generate fake information about a California person.
- Enter your first name and last name. Select “I don’t have the middle name”, Do you have a previous name – No, Do you have a preferred name – No.
- Make sure you enter the age between 20-23 to eligible to get an EDU email. If the fake name you have generated has age is more than 23 years then decrease it.
- Select “Yes, I have a social security number or taxpayer identification number” and enter it from fake information.
- Enter your email address and US phone number. If you don’t have a US phone number, then open Phone Number Generator to get it. Also, leave the second phone number empty.
- Provide your permanent street address from the address you have generated. Then click continue. If it says “The street address you entered does not appear to be a valid address” then check the box that you have verified the address.
- Choose username and password for your account. For additional security create a 4 digit personal identification number (PIN).
- Select any random security questions and tap on create my account.
- Now click on Apply now and select any college from the list.
- Fill in all other details, check all fields, and click submit my application.
Now, wait for a few days, and you will then receive your login details on your email id, and this is how you can create a free EDU email.
Method 2: Edue Email Generator
- Open the EDU Email Generator by iStaunch on your browser.
- It ask you to enter your personal email address.
- After that tap on the create button.
- That’s it, you will receive an edu email account for free in few days.
Final Words: I hope you can now easily generate an edu email id after reading this article. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this article then feel free to comment below.