Hide Instagram Post from Someone: We can all agree that Instagram is a platform where the brightest, most creative visual content is often a hit among users. Most Instagrammers work hard and diligently to make their profile dazzling or aesthetic.
However, not every user is interested in showing their posts to the world. Many people prefer a more private space where they can share posts that are personal to them. And today, these users are our focus.
If you’re someone who’s looking for ways to keep your posts hidden from others for any reason, we have brought to you all the info you’ll need about it.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to hide posts from on Instagram.
How to Hide Post from Someone on Instagram
1. Switch to a Private Instagram Account
Many Instagrammers prefer to keep an open account on Instagram so that their content can reach a wider audience. However, while this setting works great if you’re a content creator or influencer, if you want to post something that you don’t want many people to know about, things can get complicated.
If you want to make the best of your experience on Instagram and have no particular objective behind keeping your account public, you can always switch to a private one. Don’t know how to do it? Well, we’re here to help you with it.
If you want to change your public account to a private one, the following steps will guide you through the process:
- Open the Instagram app on your device and log in to your account.
- Head over to your profile by clicking on the small profile icon at the bottom.
- You’ll find Three Lines in the top right corner of the screen, tap on it.
- A menu of options will scroll up from the bottom of the screen. Tap on Settings, which would be the first option on this menu.
- Next, you’ll be directed to the Settings screen. From all the options provided here, locate Privacy, with a tiny lock icon next to it, and tap on it.
- The first section is Account Privacy, where you’ll find the toggle of Private Account turned off, tap on it to enable it.
- Switch to Private Account? Click on the Switch to Private button and it’s done.
Welcome to the new experience of a private Instagram account. We’re hoping you’ll feel more comfortable about posting your pictures and videos now.
2. Block the Person
Blocking someone seems like such an extreme measure, doesn’t it? However, if the presence of a single person in your follower list is making you so stressed about posting something, doesn’t it mean you’re better off without them?
Well, we can’t influence your decision either way; we can only show you all possibilities of hiding your Instagram posts from someone.
If you’ve made up your mind to block this person on Instagram, these steps will tell you how to do it.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and go to the Explore tab. Here, you’ll find a search bar on the top; enter the name or username of the person you want to block.
- When you locate their name in the list of search results, tap on it to go to their profile.
- On the top right corner of their profile, you’ll find three dots; tap on it.
- A menu bar will scroll up to your screen with a list of actionable options. The second option on the list is Block; tap on it.
- Another menu will appear before you, asking you to confirm your actions. Once you hit the Block button on this menu, this person will be blocked from your account.
3. Restrict Their Account
So far, we’ve talked about how to hide your posts from someone as a public account user, which is by switching to a private one. But what about those who already have a private account?
We know what you’re thinking: if you have a private account and don’t want someone seeing your posts, why not remove them? Well, these things are not always as straightforward as you’d like.
Suppose there’s someone you don’t like, but because you’re related to them, or they’re close with your other friends, you have to tolerate them as well. The same can happen on Instagram, too; there might be some followers you don’t particularly like but can’t remove either.
So, how would you hide your posts from them? Can the new restricting feature on Instagram help you with it? Unfortunately, not.
Let’s tell you exactly how restricting someone works on Instagram. Once you restrict someone, they will be unable to see your last seen and active status, and all their messages to you will be delivered as message requests.
However, as far as seeing your posts is concerned, restricting them doesn’t change a thing about it. They can still see all your posts and both like and comment on them, but their comments will only be visible to two people: them and you. In other words, restricting them will have no effect on the visibility of your posts to them.