Today social media is the one-stop solution for staying connected with people and staying updated with the things going on in the life of others. And the beauty of social media is that people also don’t hesitate to share about the important events of their life on it.
Snapchat is one such social media platform that is most favorite among the youth. As its name suggests, it’s a platform where people share photos and videos with their friends.
Although social media has a lot to offer to its users, sometimes it too has some downsides.
Undoubtedly people on Snapchat have their gala time by playing with its innovative features but sometimes some people create problems for others by using offensive language.
When someone repeatedly pokes you even after your warning, then at that time you don’t have a choice but to block them.
If you are facing a similar issue on snapchat, then read this blog till the end.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to block someone on Snapchat without them knowing.
Can You Block Someone on Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
Yes, you can easily block someone on Snapchat without them knowing as they will not receive a “you have been blocked by xxx” message because Snapchat respects the user’s privacy. Also, they will not get a notification when you block them.
Let’s suppose if you want to block the person who is in your contacts. For doing so, just follow step by step guide given below.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
- Open the Snapchat app and log in to your account.
- Tap on your bitmoji avatar on the left-hand side top.
- Scroll down and tap on the My Friends.
- Here you’ll find a list of your friends, tap and hold on to the username which you want to block them.
- By doing so, a menu will pop up, from that menu, select more, and tap on the block.
How to Block Someone on Snapchat from Chat Page
If you are in a chat with someone, which is going in an improper way, then you must block that person.
You can block someone on snap chat by following the below steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app and go to the Chat window.
- Open your chat with the person whom you want to block.
- Tap on their bitmoji avatar icon at the top-left corner.
- You will be redirected to their profile, tap on the three horizontal lines on top of the right-hand side.
- Once you open the settings, you will find the option “Block”.
- By doing so, a menu will pop up, tap on the “block” option and the person will be blocked.
Can You Block Someone Who is Not on Your Friend List?
Yes, it’s totally possible to block someone if he/she is not on your friend list. But for that, you need to change your settings. You need to change who can contact you to everyone, to make this happen.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Tap on your bitmoji avatar on the left corner and go to your profile.
- Click on the settings icon on the top right.
- You will see the “Who can..” section. In this section tap on “Contact me” and set it to “Everyone”.
- Now go in the search bar and type the name of the person who you want to block.
- You will get to see various usernames, tap on the one you are looking for, and open their profile.
- Here tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select” Block” from the menu.