Feelings: the dictionary defines this term as your emotional state or reaction to a particular thing or person. But while this definition might seem quite straightforward to you, feelings can be a bit more complex. This is because when it comes to feelings, all logic is thrown out the window, and one can rarely think rationally.
You must’ve heard people say the heart wants what it wants. Well, it is just a nice way of saying that our feelings govern our thoughts and actions in more ways than we could ever imagine.
This is also why you’ll often find yourself at a loss of words when faced with this question: how do you feel about me? Regardless of whether it’s coming from a loved one or a person you least expected it from, the question is bound to make you feel uneasy, even if just for a little bit.
We’re here to protect you from ending up in such an uncomfortable situation by breaking down what this question could mean and how to best respond to it without causing any damage. Excited to get started? Let’s go!
Best Response to How Do You Feel About Me
Now that we’ve explored all possibilities of why someone might be wondering how you feel about them, let’s get down to who are they to you. Because at the end of the day, your response to this question is more heavily dependent on the who than the why. Moreover, knowing what this person is to you will only throw more light on why they might be asking you this question.
Is it someone you’re going out with?
This might come as a surprise to some of you, but the person who’s most likely to ask you how do you feel about me is generally the one you’re currently involved with. Now, you might be wondering, don’t they already know the answer? When in fact, they might not.
It is no secret that going out is the first phase of any relationship. It’s that phase where you’re still getting to know each other; where you both try your best to be on your best behavior, do things that the other person likes or enjoys, and spend as much time together as possible.
And while this honeymoon phase is quite addictive, one of you will eventually feel like it’s time to take things forward. And it is in no way a bad thing; after all, it means that they enjoy your company and want to turn this arrangement into something with more commitment; perhaps a relationship.
But before proposing to do just that, they want to know if you two are on the same page. If you are, here are some responses you could go with:
I absolutely love spending time with you.
I feel like you’re an incredible person and feel lucky to have you.
Being with you is the favorite part of my days.
These responses will not only reassure them of your feelings but also help in confessing their own. On the other hand, if you feel like you need more time before taking things forward, you could respond to their question with something like this:
In the little time that we’ve spent together, there’s nothing about you that I haven’t liked.
I love everything I’ve learned about you, but there’s so much more left to explore.
I love getting to know you and am looking forward to more of it.
What’s common in all these responses is that they clearly express your fondness for this person while also subtly hinting at the fact that it might be too soon to take things forward. How’s that for balance?
How to Do You Feel About Me Answers
- It’s great to see you!
- I appreciate you.
- I’m glad you’re here.
- I have no specific feelings towards you, but I’m happy to chat.
- I don’t really have an opinion either way, but I’m here to listen and help if I can.
- I don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other.
- I don’t really know you well enough to have an opinion.
- I try to be neutral and impartial in all my interactions.
- I am here to provide helpful and accurate information, regardless of personal feelings.
- I don’t have any personal feelings towards you, but I’m here to support and assist you.
- I don’t have the capacity to form emotional attachments.
- I don’t have any particular feelings towards you, but I am here to help answer your questions.
- My interactions with you are based on neutral and impartial information.
- I don’t have any personal opinions or feelings, but I’m here to listen and assist if I can.
- I treat all users with the same level of respect and impartiality.