Appear Offline on Whatsapp While Online: We all have some unread Whatsapp messages lying around in our chats as we are just lazy to send a reply at the time. You can disable the read receipts or blue ticks from the privacy setting as it lets you get away with the message ‘missed’ or ‘didn’t see’ aspect!
But when you are seen ‘online’ the ignorance part is just given away in a jiffy.
WhatsApp has gained immense popularity over the years and completely removed SMS communication. However, WhatsApp does give out information on when somebody is online. This becomes a problem sometimes when people see you there and send a message and then expect a reply soon.
There can be several reasons for someone wanting to hide the online status on Whatsapp and we aren’t going to elaborate on those reasons here. You can now learn how to stay offline over WhatsApp without getting disconnected from the internet connection as well. These methods can be used for both iPhone and Androids as well.
With this, your friends won’t be able to see you ‘online’ on the app. One can make use of these ways for letting people think that you aren’t available on WhatsApp, regardless of the kind of smartphone you are using.
We shall be talking about the ways one can appear offline on WhatsApp while online anytime they want!
How to Appear Offline on Whatsapp While Online
Here we shall take a look at how you hide the online status on Whatsapp. The methods work fine in case you want to make use of the application for just sending replies to the messages and not seeing videos and photos. For appearing offline here are the steps you need to follow:
An easy and hassle-free way for replying to messages and not appearing online is by sending a reply directly from your phone screen.
For iPhones Users:
- Slide over the new message on the left.
- Then tap on it to view and send a reply as needed.
For Android Users:
- Tap over the message from your phone’s home screen.
- Then you will see a ‘Mark as read’ and a ‘reply’ option.
- Now just tap over the message, type a reply and click send.
The fast reply feature of Whatsapp is not just allowing you to send a message from your notification bar without actually opening it but is also going to keep the status hidden from all of the other contacts. This way you and the preferred contact can chat without others knowing that you were online!
Now, we can also try another slightly tedious method that will need to go on the flight mode for appearing offline while you are sending a text.
- Switch your phone to airplane mode.
- Now open the app, go to the contact that you want to send a text, and open it.
- Type your message and then hit send while Whatsapp has been running in the background.
- Now turn off Airplane mode.
- The text is going to be sent and you won’t appear online.
In case you are someone that loves watching shows or reading online on your mobile, and also prefer a bit of peace at the same time. There is a way for stopping the incoming message and shutting the internet specifically for Whatsapp. And here’s what you need to do:
For Android Users:
- Go on the Settings option on your mobile.
- Now open Installed Apps or Manage Apps.
- Go to the Whatsapp app.
- Now select the Data Usage. You can disable the data usage or mobile data, Wifi, and even background data too.
- From your recent apps, clear Whatsapp, and your work are done.
For iPhone Users:
- Go on Phone Settings.
- Scroll down and open Whatsapp.
- Now deselect the mobile data and the background application refresh.
- And finally, just clear Whatsapp from the recent apps.
Remember that iPhone user won’t be able to disable Wifi for the applications from phone and one can be considering switching the phone off if needed.
Making use of other apps like GBWhatsapp. Now, this isn’t much of a recommended method, but you can give it a try. This can be called a modified variant to Whatsapp and gives you the capability of staying offline over Whatsapp. But do keep in mind that Whatsapp doesn’t like the use of such other applications and can even permanently terminate or disable your account for using such apps.
Although if you still want to go with it, just download it from the internet. As it’s not available on Google Play you will have to go to GBWhatsApp Apk or any other reliable site. Here are the steps to follow ahead:
- Go on Privacy Settings.
- Click over ‘Hide Online Status’.
- Now your Whatsapp profile will be seen as Offline even while you are online at the time.
Key Point to Remember:
Keep in mind that as you will be hiding online status, you also won’t be able to see others’ status as online either.
In case you had been searching for a way of appearing offline on WhatsApp while online, these tricks will surely work for you. So go ahead and try them out!