Instagram had launched the stories feature in 2016 and since then it has become the biggest trend for Instagram users. The stories remain on your account for 24 hours and then disappear automatically unless you add them to “highlights”. One way to increase your audience engagement and boost your brand awareness is by getting more and more “post shares”.
This metric shows you the number of times your post has been shared on others’ stories. Even though you don’t get the names of people that re-shared your posts on their Instagram stories, you can definitely track how many times it has been shared.
You get the “post share” when someone shares your Instagram post on their stories. It goes without saying that if someone likes your content, they will post it on their accounts to support you. The higher the number of post shares you get, the more followers your account gets, and the better your user engagement is.
Instagram does have a feature called “post shared” that tells you only the number of times your content has been shared by Instagrammers. This metric is found in Instagram insights with the arrow sign. Not only the post shares, but you could also track your profile visits, content interaction, and other metrics on Instagram.
It is important to know that this feature is available for only business accounts. You must have a business Instagram account to be able to check the profile and content metrics.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Instagram app and login to your account.
- Tap on the small profile icon at the bottom and it will take you to the profile page.
- Next, find and tap the post whose share count you want to see.
- Tap on the View Insights option below the post.
- Here you will find the number of people who shared your post.
- It will also display the number of people who liked, saved and commented on your post.
Is it Possible to See the Username of the Account Who Shared Your Instagram Post?
There is absolutely no way you can know the name of the person who shared your Instagram unless they tag your account.
Suppose someone shares your content in their Instagram profile or stories and tags your account, you will get a notification for that. However, if they share your post without tagging you, there is no way you will know who shared your content.
What if we told you there is a direct method to check your story reshare count? You do not have to use any third-party tool to get this count. Here are the steps for checking who shared your Instagram post on their stories.
- Log into your Instagram profile and select the post you’d like to collect the metrics for
- Select “view insights”. If your post is shared by someone, you will get the number of re-shares right below the arrow sign.
We have an alternative way as well. Now, you can check your post reshares with the following steps.
- Select the three horizontal dots in the top right corner of the selected post
- Right below “delete”, you will see the “view story reshares” option. Remember that this option is available for only posts that have at least one re-share. So, if it doesn’t appear, it means your post has not been shared.