When Snapchat was newly launched, the most exciting feature of the platform was the exclusive privacy it offered. Because of its one-time snap and disappearing chat features, most people enjoyed conversing on Snapchat. However, it didn’t take long for Snapchat’s other features to gain popularity among the crowd either.
Soon, people started downloading the app for its interesting camera filters, which are updated regularly. Even today, many users with a Snapchat account use the app merely for the sake of taking pictures.
But when it comes to privacy, Snapchat stills holds true to the promise it had made users back when it was launched. The platform is careful about not letting any user know too much about what others do on Snapchat, and the mutual friend feature on the app works similarly.
If you’re trying to see your mutual friends on Snapchat, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll tell you whether it can be done, how it can be done, and about everything else you need to know about Snapchat mutual friends.
What Are Mutual Friends on Snapchat?
Before we tell you how to see mutual friends on Snapchat, let’s hold on a second and talk about the meaning of “mutual friends.” The simple definition of mutual friends is a group of three friends, where one person is friends with the other two, who might not know each other all that well. So, in this case, both these near-strangers are connected with a link of their mutual friend.
Now, coming back to Snapchat, why would you want to find a mutual friend on the platform? Well, there can be many reasons behind that vary individually, but generally, most Snapchat users enjoy having a snapstreak with more and more people. And instead of adding random strangers, some of them prefer to add those with whom they share a mutual link, i.e., a mutual friend.
How to See Mutual Friends on Snapchat
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone and login to your account.
- On the camera screen, have you noticed your bitmoji on the top left corner of the screen? Tap on it, and it will take you right into your profile.
- Scroll down until you spot the Friends category, with two options underneath. Out of these, you have to select the first one: Add Friends.
- Here you’ll first find the Added Me section, with the list of all the invites sent to you. Right below this section, you’ll see the Quick Add section.
- In the Quick Add section, you’ll find a long list of Snapchat users, listed by their names and usernames. If you go through this list carefully, you’ll notice that some users have “x+ Mutual Friends” written under their usernames, where ‘x’ will be any number between 1 and 20. This number indicates the number of mutual friends you two have.
- If you find contact with 20+ mutual friends, it means you people have a lot of common friends, and adding them is probably a good idea. So, go ahead and tap on the Add button on the right side of their profile.
It is also important to note that when you add someone from this page, they’ll be notified that you’ve added them By Quick Add. If you don’t want that happening, you can simply memorize their username, type in the search bar, and then add them when their profile appears.
Moreover, when you go through the quick add list, you might also come across some names you avoid. In that case, you can simply tap on the Cross icon next to the Add button, and Snapchat will never show you their name here again.
Can You See Names of Mutual Friends on Snapchat?
Another important question that most Snapchat users have is: Can I check which of my friends are also the friends of this person?
Well, as much as we’d like to help you with it, there’s nothing we can do in this case. As we’ve discussed earlier, Snapchat takes the privacy of its users very seriously and will not disclose these names.
Even if you want to take outside help on these matters, there are no third-party apps in the market that can do it for you. So, unless you’re willing to ask this person yourself, there’s no other way for you to find out for sure.
Yellow Heart on Snapchat: Does it Indicate Mutual Friends?
In the real world, a red heart is a symbol of love and passion, isn’t it? However, the world of Snapchat doesn’t work like that. On Snapchat, different emojis have different meanings. So, what does yellow heart mean on this platform?
Yellow heart on Snapchat means that you two are good friends. And yes, you can have a yellow heart with someone who is your mutual friend here. However, just the fact that you two are mutual friends doesn’t guarantee a yellow heart. The rate of your interaction with this person also plays a key role in it.
If you’re looking for an emoji that indicates being mutual friends with someone, it’s the smiley with sunglasses on. It’s also called the “Mutual BF” emoji on Snapchat, and indicates that you and this person share one or more mutual friends.