Need you to share images quickly with your contacts? Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the best apps to do so! Originally developed as Snapchat Inc., it is an American multimedia messaging app developed by Snap Inc., which later on became Snapchat. Snapchat, which had already been among the top 15 most used social media platforms is undoubtedly one of the most reliable messaging apps. One of the main features of Snapchat is that you can share pictures and messages fast and in an efficient way. However, these would only be available for a short time after which they will become inaccessible to the recipients.
Along with Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Linkedin, and the rest, Snapchat is considered still a core social media platform with users from all across the globe. As of 2021 Snapchat has expanded to a user base of around 280 million people around the globe. However, like every other app, you might find issues periodically with Snapchat too. But what’s important is the service and support of the platform that helps keep a nearly flawless app, removing the bugs in a jiffy. Yes, with a conscious and experienced band of professional developers working 24*7 to make the app smooth and error-free, most of the time we cannot complain.
You must surely be having an account on Snapchat and enjoying it for days but are you planning to delete it any time soon? If you are, then this article might be helpful to you or to those who have already deleted their Snapchat account.
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
Yes, nowadays it is possible to retrieve your deleted Snapchat account. Though it had been an impossibility earlier on, however, with the growing technological industry, reactivating Snapchat now is easy.
If you want to do that you just have to simply log back into the Snapchat app, by entering your username for Snapchat within 30 days after you have deactivated your account.
While your account is deactivated, it is important to mention that you can only log in with your username and password. However, you can’t log in with your email address anymore and along with that, you can’t change even your password.
Also Note: It can sometimes take around 24 hours to activate a Snapchat that has been deactivated. So, patience is the key.
Also, remember the fact that you have to reactivate your account within 30 days as stated in Snapchat. Therefore, one must follow the deadline duly otherwise suffer the permanent damage that shall befall on their Snapchat accounts.
Sharing fun images over Snapchat among your contacts is something very popular over Snapchat. Snapchat has also become the platform that popularized the usage of filters via selfie cameras. Many consider it really innovative sometimes. This makes Snapchat one of the most used applications on smartphones. However, if you have already deactivated your account, but are now willing to rejoin Snapchat with the same account that you had been logging in to earlier, then this article is definitely what you are looking for!
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
In case you have deleted your Snapchat regardless of whether you did it by mistake or voluntarily, know that you can restore your previous Snapchat account. For this, you can simply follow the steps below. Here’s looking into them now:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Now, you need to fill up the blanks with your Username and password of the app.
- Next, tap the log in option.
- Visit the option If you want to reactivate your account.
Recover Your Snapchat Account without Password
In case if you have forgotten your Snapchat password but want to log in to it, you can easily do it with a couple of hassle-free steps. We will here provide you all the steps below that you can follow to recover your Snapchat account whose password you have forgotten.
Here you will have to reset the passwords of the account and with the help of these steps where:
1. You need to first launch the Snapchat app on your smartphone and tap on the Login option. Now, you need to enter your username or email and then tap the “forgot your password” option that is under the PASSWORD box.
2. On this box that says “Please choose how you want to reset your password” you need to choose via email. After you do that you then need to enter your email address, and then tap the “Submit” button (if you want to use the phone number, kindly visit step 4).
3. Here you will receive an email from Snapchat. This email will contain the link to reset the password. Tap on the link and enter a new password (you can also check how to make easy and secure passwords here if you have time).
4. In case you want to recover the account via phone, then you need to choose the phone option while you are in step 2, above. Then, you need to simply enter your mobile number. Now, tap the “Continue” button. You will get a popup, where you need to select how you want to verify with your phone number; choose from either via message (Send Via SMS) or call option.
5. Most of us go for the SMS option in order to receive OTP quickly and easier because it is definitely easier to work with. Next, you need to enter the OTP that you received in the box mentioned and then proceed to reset your password. (in case you have a Do Not Disturb mode enabled on your SIM, the message might not be coming, therefore, you may choose to switch to the call option).
Recover Your Snapchat Account if You Have Forgotten Your Username and Email?
When it comes to email addresses, then we must say that living in this era most of us have more than 1 email address that we use for different purposes. Therefore, it is obvious that often people forget their username and email address. Therefore, if you happen to forget your email and the username of it because you have abandoned your account or not used it for a long time or any other reasons, then go through the steps below and try them out to fix the issue:
If you are trying to recover your account in this scenario, try the options below;
1. Get the valid email addresses that you use listed.
2. Now, launch the app on your smartphone and tap on the Login option. Then, you need to enter your email address or password and tap on the ‘Forgot your password” option, which appears just under the PASSWORD box.
3. Here, you will see that a box will pop up that will ask you to ”Please choose how you want to reset your password.” Here you need to choose the email option. On the next page, you have to enter your email addresses, and then tap on the “Submit” button. All invalid emails will be read as “Email address is invalid”. Kindly continue entering all your email addresses before you get the right one, then you can simply proceed to reset the password.
How To Recover A Stolen Snapchat Account?
If your Snapchat account has been stolen by someone else, they must be looking to retrieve it back to continue using it as it was earlier. A stolen account most often means that it is hacked. Here recovering your Snapchat account will be dependent on how it is hacked and the changes that the hacker has made on your account.
Here, you need to check whether you can still access the account. This should basically be the first step if you are under such a circumstance. Now, if you can still access the account, which means that your password hasn’t still been changed, then you can go ahead and simply change the password right away before further hassles.
However, in case the password and the recovery options of your account, like your phone number, have already been changed, then you can only opt for one thing. This is to contact Snapchat Help, where you will need to fill up an account recovery form. Hope they will then recover the account for you.
How to Secure Your Snapchat Account?
Securing the Snapchat account is something that you can do without going out of your way. While cybercrime is at an all-time high today, it is difficult to keep your valuable accounts without securing them, and rest assured. Therefore, it is best if you consider your Snapchat account
Valuable enough so as to secure it.
Update Your Email ID and Phone Number on your Snapchat account
It is easier than ever before to create an account on Snapchat. Here, all you need to do is to enter your name, birthday, either an email ID or your phone number. Now here’s the catch because with Snapchat you can use any email ID and phone number, even it doesn’t happen to be yours or anyone else’s. While this is an awesome option to keep your personal data from being hacked or sacrificing it in the ocean of big data, on the other hand in such a case you also need to keep in mind that with such an account you can easily forget your credentials and if someone hacks that account, you cannot recover it back.
Therefore you need to make sure that your email address and your password/phone number and everything else is verified on the app itself. You can do this by going to the app, then visiting Settings, where you can check whether it is verified.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Once you reach Snapchat’s settings, it would be also great if you go ahead and enable the two-factor authentication. This new feature can strongly prevent anyone from visiting your account with the aim to compromise your account. This you can enable simply by going to the Settings option, then tap on the “Two-Factor Authentication” option. After that, you can simply follow some steps to enable the same.
In Conclusion Getting your Snapchat account back is now easy and convenient and what you can do is to secure your account in order to not let your Snapchat away from you!