See Deleted Instagram Photos from Years Ago: Instagram is by far the most popular photo-sharing social media platform in today’s generation. It’s been around for almost ten years now, and sure enough, each piece of content gets better every day in terms of aesthetics. Gone were the days of real candid and over-filtered photos which embarrassingly, was something that every millennial went through. Surely, those Juno, Lark, and Sierra-filtered photos are outdated, but they’re great memories, right?
All you have to do is just capture a photo or video from your smartphone and then post it to your Instagram account.
But what if you accidentally deleted your Instagram photos or videos? Can you still recover deleted Instagram photos?
Well, there is good news for you, the answer is YES!
Recently Instagram introduced a “Recently Deleted” feature that allows users to recover their deleted Instagram posts including photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos, and stories.
Keep in mind that all deleted content remains in the “Recently Deleted” folder for 30 days. After that, it will automatically get deleted forever, and you won’t recover it ever.
However, these photos are not entirely removed from the server. The platform continues to store these photos for legal purposes, and they can only be retrieved through a valid court order to be used as evidence.
Here you can find a guide on amazing ways to find deleted Instagram posts from years ago on your Android or iPhone device in no time.
In fact, these same strategies you can follow to find and recover someone’s permanently deleted Instagram photos even after 30 days.
How to See Old Deleted Instagram Photos from Years Ago
Method 1: Deleted Instagram Photo Viewer by iStaunch
Deleted Instagram Photo Viewer by iStaunch is a free tool that allows you to see deleted Instagram photos and videos from any web browser on Android, iPhone, or PC.
- Open the Deleted Instagram Photo Viewer by iStaunch on your phone.
- Type the username whose old deleted photos you want to see.
- Select the profile and tap on the next button.
- Here you can see old deleted Instagram photos from years ago.
Method 2: Instagram Recently Deleted Feature
- Open Instagram and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile, and tap on the three-line icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- It will open a menu with a list of options, click on Settings at the bottom.
- Next, select the Account option from the list.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Recently Deleted”.
- Here you will find the photos, videos, stories and reels deleted in last 30 days. Select the photo you want to recover.
- Tap on three dots and select the Restore button.
- That’s it, the deleted photo will be restored to your Instagram account.
Method 3: Look at the Instagram Archive
Is there a chance that you might have transferred your photos to archives? Possibly.
While this might not be the case for everyone, checking out your Instagram Archives should be the first thing you do to recover your posts.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Go to the profile page by clicking on the small profile icon at the bottom.
- Next, tap on the three-lined icon at the top.
- Select the Archive option. You can find deleted photos if you have added them to the archive.
- Tap on Recover to save it on your device.
Method 4: Find Old Deleted Instagram Posts on iPhone
iPhone provides a unique feature that does not directly delete your photos. It keeps your deleted photos for 30 days inside the recently deleted folder. So there is a chance that you might find them.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone device.
- Tap on the Albums option at the bottom of the screen.
- Inside the Albums section, you need to find the Recently Deleted folder.
- Simply open it, here you can find the last 30 days deleted photos.
- Select the images you want to recover or tap on the Recover all button to save all images on your device.
Now you know the possible ways to recover deleted Instagram posts from years ago on Android and iPhone devices. We hope you like the above methods to see deleted Instagram photos. Also, Don’t forget to share with your friends on social media to help them out as well.
Which method do you use to see deleted Instagram photos? Let us know in the comment section below.
You Might Also Like: