Today, we will be answering one such privacy-related question: “How to hide your Instagram account from search bar?”
If this is your question, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve also discussed what you can do if you want to hide from someone on Instagram but don’t want to block them.
Can You Hide Instagram Account from Search?
Unfortunately, you can’t hide Instagram account from search. However, if you want to hide your account from a particular person, then simply block them. Keep in mind that this will hide your account only from a particular person, not on a whole Instagram.
Although Instagram protects your privacy in numerous ways, hiding your profile from the search bar just doesn’t make any sense. There are a number of other measures that you can take to ensure that a user cannot find your profile.
How to Hide Instagram Account from Search
1. Block Their Instagram Profile
The first and most obvious thing to do when you don’t want someone to find your Instagram profile is to block them. Blocking someone is the most fool-proof way to ensure that the person cannot find you on Instagram even if they make a new account.
If you cannot block them, and your biggest concern is that the person will see all of your posts and story updates, we have a solution for that too. All you need to do is make your Instagram account private. That way, the only people who’ll see your full profile are the ones whose follow requests you approve. Sound good?
2. Make Your Instagram Account Private
- Open the Instagram account on your smartphone, and log in to your profile.
- The first screen you will see is your home screen. From there, locate and go to the My Account page.
- At the top right corner of the screen, you’ll see the icon of three dots in a vertical line. Click on it.
- A pop-up menu will appear. From the options in the menu, choose the very first one, called Settings.
- In Settings, tap on the third option called Privacy.
- On the top of the screen, right under Account privacy, the first option that you will see is a Private account with a toggle button next to it. By default, it is turned off. Turn it on.
There you go. Now you don’t have to worry about anyone seeing your Instagram posts unless you want them to.
3. Make Your Account Less Visible
If you don’t want your account to be hidden from search results but only a little less visible on Instagram, we have a few tricks that might help you.
However, remember that these tricks are not going to render you complete invisibility; you just won’t show up on other people’s profiles as suggestions or in any other form. If they know your username and search for your profile on Instagram, they will surely find you.
Hiding your account from Instagram’s search bar is not possible. Not only that, but it also does not make any sense to do so. If you really need to avoid someone on Instagram, you can simply block them.
If they are a close friend or relative who you cannot block, how do you hide from them? Well, there are certain actions you can take to decrease your visibility, and we have listed all of them above. We have also given you instructions on how to do each of the tasks so you don’t have to get confused in the Instagram settings.