We live in a world where the popularity of the brand depends on visual search. How well the brand portrays visually matters the most. When it comes to visuals, Instagram is the name that pops up in our heads. You will be surprised to know that 35 billion pictures are uploaded on Instagram. That’s huge! Now, it goes without saying that billions of people are using Instagram every day. Some like to socialize while others rely on this platform to attract the attention of the target audience.
However, Instagram has a few restrictions to protect the privacy of its users. For example, it allows people to switch their Instagram account to private so that no one can view their profiles except for users these people add to their friend lists.
Let’s say you have sent follow requests to a lot of people on Instagram. Once these people accept your request, you will get access to their profiles and watch their feed. Now, what if you decide to remove all these follow requests? You may have sent the follow request to the private account users and now you’d like to delete those. How can you do that?
In this post, we are going to walk you through a detailed guide of unsending the follow request. Keep reading.
How to Cancel All Sent Follow Requests on Instagram
Method 1: Unsend the Follow Request from Instagram App
You might have sent the requests in bulk earlier, so it must be hard to locate each user you have sent a request to. Here’s what you can do to find a list of the Instagram accounts you have sent a follow request to.
- Log in to your Instagram account on your browser
- Click on the ring-like icon next to the “edit profile” option
- On the menu, click on Privacy and Security and scroll down to find “View account data”
- Under the “connections” tab, you will see the “current follow requests” option. Click on this to get a list of the users you have sent a follow request.
- It will display the usernames of all the Instagram users that have not accepted your request yet.
- You can copy this or take a screenshot of the page and then cancel the follow request manually by searching for each user in the Instagram search bar.
- Visit their profile and click on the “Cancel request” button right below their profile to unsend the follow request.
That’s the easiest way to unsend your Instagram follow request. The problem, however, is that this method does not work for users who have sent a request to hundreds of people. It happens. You create an Instagram account and send a friend request to strangers only to realize later that it was a mistake.
Method 2: Unsend the Follow Request from Instagram Website
You don’t have to log into Instagram on your browser. It can be done on the mobile app as well. Here are the steps for unsending the pending follow requests on your Instagram mobile app.
- Log in to your Instagram account (if you aren’t already signed in)
- Tap the profile icon located at the bottom of the screen
- On your profile, tap the hamburger icon on the top right next to the “+” option.
- From the list of options, select Settings > Security
- Under the Data and History tab, tap the Access Data option
- All your profile information will be displayed here. Scroll down to find the “connections” tab and find the “current follow requests” option.
- Tap View All
- There you go! You will get a list of the accounts that have not accepted your follow request yet.
- If these requests have been pending for a long time, chances are these users might not accept the requests at all. So, it is better to unsend them.
If you see these requests, Instagram only shows you the requests of the top 10 users. Select View More to get a full list. Unfortunately, it does not have an option that could allow you to cancel the pending requests directly.
So, you can copy each username from this section, type it in the Instagram search bar, locate the profile of the user, and tap the “requested” option. It will be back to follow option. The process may seem time-consuming, but considering that Instagram doesn’t let you cancel more than 10 requests at a time. So, you need to do it only 10 times at once.