Track UK Visa Status: United Kingdom (UK) visa applicants can now digitally check UK visa status online with just visa reference number, passport number, and GWF number.
The United Kingdom is a hotspot destination offering the ideal environment for travelers who would love to explore England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland.
Every year thousands of people visit the United Kingdom for different purpose such as leisure (holiday or to see family and friends), business (attend meeting, events or sports) and other reason (medical treatment, join a family member or friend and settle down there and take all the benefits that the country has to offer).
The UK is a member of the European Union and operates its own visa policy where individuals must need permission from the government to visit or stay in the country.
However, there are many countries are permitted to visit the UK without obtaining a visa. Depending on the visa, the applicant needs to fill specific type of visa application form, pay fees, print receipt and book appointment for submitting biometric details and documents.
Procedure to Check UK Visa Status Online
You need to follow below step by step process for tracking the status of your UK visa application online.
- Log on to the official Government of United Kingdom website from any web browser.
- Here you can find a list of government services and information such as ‘Passports, travel and living abroad’, ‘Visas and immigration’, ‘Citizenship and living in the UK’ and much more.
- Select the Visas and immigration option and click on the What you need to do for check if you need a UK visa, apply, biometric residence permits, manage and track your application.
- Inside the To manage your application section tap on the contact UK visas and Immigration about your application option.
- It allows you to contact UK visas and immigration from inside or outside the UK. To continue process click on the next button.
- Choose the option where are you applying from. If you are from Outside the UK then select same and if you are in the UK then select Inside the UK option.
- You can contact the customer support team in different languages such as English, Hindi, Russian, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and Arabic. Choose your preferred language and tap on next button.
- Next page you will see visa and immigration contact information such as phone number and email id are given below.
- Phone number: 00 44 203 481 1736
- Service availability: Monday to Friday (24 hours)
- Charges: It cost 1.37 euro per minute + your standard network charges
- Email id: Tap on email UK visas and immigration to fill the contact form
- Service availability: Monday to Friday (You will get a reply within 2 days)
- Charges: It cost 5.48 euro for the first email and follow-up emails on the same inquiry are free
- Information to include: Must include full name, GWF number and description of the purpose.
If you are contacting visa and immigration staff through email then you need complete payment through debit or credit card and it will charge once your message successfully sent. Also, keep in mind you will get a reply within 48 hours, but if you are in urgent then must use phone service is cheap and provide real-time support.
How to Check UK Visa Status Using GWF Number
Follow this step by step process for tracking the status of UK visa application status online.
- Log on to the Track UK Visa Status page from any web browser.
- You need to enter any one of the following details to check the status of your application.
GWF Number: This number is also known as 16 digits Unique Reference Number. You can find this number on email and application letter received from visa and immigration department.
Case Identification Number: This is an 8 digit number that starts with the zero. You can easily find this number on application letter received from visa and immigration department.
Biometric Resident Permit Number (BRPN): This number available on the biometric receipt is a combination of letters and numbers.
- Enter any of the above detail and confirm that you are not a robot by solving the captcha. Finally, tap on the submit button to track the status of the application.