Google has brought a wide range of features and functions throughout the years. Right from when Google emerged as the world’s most famous Search engine, the tech giant began to chalk its road towards success. Slowly but gradually, Google went on to bring one product after another – Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Meet, Google chat, Google My Business, Google Maps, and more, which went on to be a part and parcel of our daily lives.
Google Voice is one such application of Google that is almost as useful as all the other applications of Google if not more.
Google Voice is a product of Google that can be described as a telephone service for the users that offers them call forwarding and voicemail services, text and voice messaging services along with call termination facilities in case of the US and international calls. Google Voice was launched in 2009 and is currently used all over the globe for its fast, smooth, and effective services. However, while using the Google Voice number, one can easily lose track of their account and again go for another Google Voice number, thereby abandoning the old number. Though the new account with the new number sounds really amazing at some point in time you might also feel that the old number was the best thing ever for your Google Voice account.
This is the time when people reminisce about their old Google voice numbers and yearn to get them back. However, you don’t really need to worry about when we are here.
Here in this article, we will inform you about the procedure to recover your Google Voice number effortlessly.
How to Recover Google Voice Number
There are 2 things that can happen with your old number:
- It might have already been claimed by someone else.
- It might be on the brink of being removed from the Google Voice servers.
Claiming back a Google Voice number claimed by someone else
If you find that the number you have previously linked with your Google Voice account has been claimed by someone, then that will mean that you or someone else is using that number with another account of Google Voice. Here if only you own the number still, then you can add it back to the Google Voice account, where you want to use it.
- Open your computer and then visit voice.google.com.
- Now, at the top right of your screen, you will get the Settings options. You need to click on the same.
- Once you will get Linked numbers, you then need to click on the option of a New linked number.
- Next, you need to enter the phone number to link.
- In case you want to verify your number, you would be offered a six-digit code from Google Voice’s end.
- If it is a mobile number, then you need to click on the option Send code and Voice will immediately send the code in the form of a text message to the phone.
- Now, if it is a landline number, you then need to click the verify by phone link, and then move on to click on the Call option. Here, Voice calls the phone number and gives the code.
- Then, you need to enter the code and then click on the Verify option.
- In case you find that the number is being used by another account, you will then get a message asking if you want to claim it.
- Now, if you want to claim it, then click Claim.
- The number will soon be linked with your account again if everything goes right and according to the process.